Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys got a 07 1098s and some one been dicking around with the setup and its all over the place, can someone give me a good base to work from? im 12.5 stone and use it for track days, tires racetecs. cheers..

·
9,757 Posts
What the heck is 12.5 stone, 175lbs or so? Is that with gear on or without?

If it's without gear on then you're prolly around 190 with gear on so the good news is that you don't need new springs. Get a friend to help you set the sag to 30mm, then put compression and rebound on both the forks and the shock in the middle of the range and dial out or in as desired. You're going to need a ball ended hex key to access the rebound on the rear shock but any decent hardware store will have one.

Also don't forget to set your tire pressures. Too high and the bike will feel numb and you'll wear tires (not to mention traction will be iffy). Too low and the bike will feel sloppy. I've worked my cold pressure out at 30psi rear 33psi front given that ambient temperature is between 20-23 degrees (aggressive street).

Most important thing to do is to set your sag correctly and go from there.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We work in stone over the water here as it doesnt sound as heavy as pounds that u guys use!! thanks for the info i will try the set up. How many lines on the fr forks should there be showing?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The best money I ever spent on my bike was paying to have the suspension tuned by professionals.

That being said here's what my current setup is for my 08S. I'm 220lbs in gear and the bike was set up with race plastics so there was no extra weight of the headlight assembly etc. This setup was done by Turn 1 Racing at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL for their full course. There are a wide variety of track conditions there. I'm an intermediate rider so if your ready for MotoGP your settings may vary greatly. It made a huge difference for me though.

Front Suspension:

Spring Preload - Full In - (35mm Sag)
Rebound Setting - Full In (9 clicks in from full out)
Low Speed Compression - Full in (7 clicks in from full out)
Ride Height - 3 lines showing (the bottom line is even with the tripleclamp)

Rear Supsension:

Spring Preload: 5 threads showing over the lock collar (30MM Sag)
Rebound - Stock
Compression - 11 clicks out from full in
Ride Height - Stock

Tires:

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT
Front PSI - 30
Rear PSI -32

Hope this helps you a bit. Id still suggest going to track day where you can try different suspension settings and get somebody to help you. For instance I would have never imagined that I'd need to run full spring preload on the front and have to soften the back. I'm going to end up getting race valving and springs for the front if I plan to do more track days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts