Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Ducati 1098s barn find
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m sitting here looking at a Covid garage, every bike gone basically from Covid. My chest begins to feel tight and for the first time in my adult life I’m without two wheels...

Not gonna lie it’s been a ruff year that was looking up like so many of my bro’s but this damn virus is kicking all our butts.

Being a freelance guy had its advantages, but safety net was not one of them so in January when racing and events stopped so did contracts for independents.

So like so many to protect the mortgage everything including long term projects went on the block, and I have to say most to good people who appreciated the ride.

Then reality hit, I’m bikeless, anxiety set in. What was I going to do.

I’ve been shooting racing a decade now and worked my way up to some awesome clients, but Covid took its toll everywhere. I’m sure it did you to.

So I’m freaking out bikeless so where do I go first.. craigslist and type in salvage in the moto section and start searching the west coast, and then I found something which stopped me, and that was the word “Ohlin”.

My last liter bike was a bitchen dirtbike and I new I wanted 100 hp, 25 more would be good, 50 would be astounding. So I started looking closer and looked at the details.

Parked and nose center punched, it has scars, but strip away the skin and beneath seemed to be a relatively unmolested twin which turned over and who’s ass end was as clean as a whistle. Not a fully farkled garage queen but potential for my soul and more than anything my soul needs a moto.

So with a few grand in hand I jumped in the Creeper Van and headed to the bay. What’s done is done, and my anxiety has subsided, but now my focus needs to bring her back to life. I’m not a builder, but I have had motorcycles my whole life, and a shoe box of tickets to prove it. My soul seems full know, but what next. I’m not really interested in 45 minute hits, I’d like to roll all day on natural terrain and with this I’m thinking running flat bars. I’m wondering the viability of putting Multi triples on this rig and stand the ergonomics up a bit? I’m looking for advice, what are the thoughts ?

What do ya think, eventually I want this to be a Col bike. I’m looking for pros, and cons. I’m looking for advice from guys who have thought about it or done it.

im just gonna leave that here. All imput truly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I dunno about giving any imput ... but a little input, maybe I can muster that up. But first, I need to know what a "Col bike" is. I'm one of the hard headed ones around here (I'm not really savvy with lingo at times), so I need a bit of help sometimes.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
You do realize there's a dedicated Streetfighter section in the forum. That's where all of us Streetfighter people hang out and talk about Streetfighters. Hint hint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
I dunno about giving any imput ... but a little input, maybe I can muster that up. But first, I need to know what a "Col bike" is. I'm one of the hard headed ones around here (I'm not really savvy with lingo at times), so I need a bit of help sometimes.
Collector bike most likely

·
Bon Vivant
10,846 Posts
There's also a FAQ sticky thread in the streetfighter section that can keep you busy learning about the bike and the do's and donts for several weeks. Also, it might be more effective to just ask your question (s) instead of writing an open ended esoteric essay on moto anxiety... jus sayin ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think the guy found a damaged sbk and want to "fighterize" it? So technically he's in the right section :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts