Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time for me to replace the plates and basket on my 2008 1098s. I am considering a slipper clutch, but have heard that they can require a fair bit of maintenance. What I would be looking for is a low maintenance slipper that works well. I do 2-3 trackdays a year, and I commute to work a couple times a week, plus the usual weekend rides.

Does anyone have a reccemendation for me? A link would be great too. Thanks for any help.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,711 Posts
Doubt you will get any answers as the last bloke on here who posted about a clutch had his post deleted because he included a link to the product so people would know where to go to find one.
Apparently links aren't allowed anymore and are being cracked down on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? I'm just looking for a low maintenance slipper...... Ok, then dont post a link, just give a guy some advice please.....

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have a yoyodyne 43deg with sintered plates on my 748 then swapped it to my 749r. I think the normal is 45 but I'm not sure. The 43 will provide less engine braking. I've been running in for 2 1/2 seasons(7 weekends a year, 3days a weekend) now and love it, no issues.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ducati Slipper Clutch for 1098 1198 and 1100's

here is a link just to see what happens...

I think what you really need to look for is that it has ball bearings in the ramps to reduce friction. I put the 749r slipper, which is metal to metal ramps, in my 748 and did a couple track days and it is no where near as nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts