Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m going to start look around for a new black 1098S in order to put my 999 as a track bike.
Did the price changed -less- considering the introduction of the 1198S. I confess that I prefer the 1098S looks over the 1198S (trelis frame) so considering the new DTC involved I guess they will start to change the price on some 1098´s S in stock,right?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Did I miss something? Don't the 1098 and 1198 share the same frame, both trellis? I thought that the only difference between the 1098 and 1198 were DTC and a few minor things.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The design is the same, however the size of the tubes used to make the trellis in the 1198 are larger in diameter but thinner which makes the new frame stiffer, but lighter.

·
Registered
956 Posts
The design is the same, however the size of the tubes used to make the trellis in the 1198 are larger in diameter but thinner which makes the new frame stiffer, but lighter.
Does this mean I won't be able to throw in an 1198 engine next year?

·
Registered
442 Posts
agree, i do not like the 1198 and the frame colors. but to each his own.

·
Registered
275 Posts
aramis.............Back to your original question, if you'll go to http://www.cycletrader.com make sure you select "New and Used" you'll find there are several dealers who state "Call for Special Pricing". I've been laying the ground work to buy (researching with cash in hand)........It's real simple, motorcycle sales across the board are down about 20%, I would think Ducati is probably more than that. The ridiculously priced bikes are not selling. I'm waiting till the end of August, unless I run across someone who's got a cherry that will deal for cash :D .

Ride Safe,
Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
The black frame on the 1198 is great, it's the ugly ass gold frame on the 'S' that bugs me. Then again, I'm biased. White/black looks great. Black/Black or Black/Red would have been much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts