Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just had a new clutch put in the 1098s (and basket) and on the first ride it still slips when warm and above 3k - 4k rpm.

I am takingit back (again) to the shop and they suggested 'bubbles in the clutch line' which makes no sense to me as I assume this is a spring enagged clutch.

Any thoughts on what is going on?

1098s
New clutch
Open cover and stainless springs intslalled several months ago

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've seen 1098's with more than the normal number of plates to try and get the correct thickness...I think it was suppose to be 7 frictions and 9 steels?? Cant remember but I've seen up to 11 steels trying to get the pack thick enough. Also something could be binding causing the pressure plate from releasing...

·
Registered
279 Posts
bubbles in the clutch line won't cause clutch slip. you're right it's the pressure plate that engages the clutch. the hydraulics are used to dis-engage it so that if there was a failure there it would make it hard to change gears and hard to get into neutral and you'd notice that if sitting at the lights in 1st gear even with the clutch lever pulled the bike would try to creep a bit forward or at least the engine would be labouring a bit with a dragging clutch. so basically the opposite of clutch slip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts