Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I have just put in an 1198rs ama engine in to my Streetfighter S, so if anyone need a stock 1098S motor, pm me

·
Registered
549 Posts
Also, you should post an ad in the classifieds section. Not here. Show off the 1198 engine in the sf here. Sell the stock 1098 in classifieds...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hmmm... I've been told the 1098 engine fits the 848 mounts. For argument's sake, would the sf848 cams fit the 1098 heads? A more tractable 1098 with more power than the 848 would be the goal. NOT threadjacking, just conjecture and maybe a purchase of the presented engine if this is feasible.

-Mike

Addendum: Also just noticed the seller is in my city!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just looking for the videos & pics. Mike, Inbox me & come round and see the motor if you want

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am trying to get the amount of posts so I can go in the classifieds, sorry about that

·
Registered
549 Posts
I would think some major mods to get the 1198 in there... Wouldn't it be a lot more than just motor mounts & such? How much did it cost you to do it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the 1198 fits the 1098 mounts with no changes, the only mods were the headers had to be slightly changed, I had custom high velocity stacks made to boot. It wasn't cheap, lol

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I still think next year we will be able to get one like that right off the dealer floor since they'll have soo many 1198sbk motors left overs.
(maybe not with those specs of course!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that is nitrous, used once with the stock motor, not even needed with this one

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
whats up with the angled 90' ring around the tail ( Maybe some cool thing and I'm stupid?)

- AND- how does it feel ... now and then sort of stuff... ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a grab rail custom made because my missis couldn't hang on with that crap plastic strap on the pillion seat,lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea man, lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
Oh good lord, LOL! :eek::D

Can I ask how much it ended up costing ya? And why not just buy a Panigale?? Surely that kind of speed is ridiculous without a windshield, right?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts