Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Time for a second mortgage on the house! :surprise:

Brought the 1098S in for its 15K service to AMS Ducati in Dallas...decided that while its there to bite the bullet and spring for the Termi slip ons, 48 tooth clutch basket and plates, Evr slave Cyl, windscreen, new pirellis and a few other bits.... wow things add up really fast. It has been there two weeks and I'm really jonesing to get it back.

as it turns out my tank is swollen and they are trying to get it replaced by Ducati under the class action lawsuit...lets see how that goes, I just want it back! the weather of course got super nice as soon as I dropped it off.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good luck with the tank..let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was arranging things in the garage tonight and came across the previous owner's bill for the 7500 mile service, it rang in at $1150.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it is pretty shocking..haven't got the bill but the estimate for the 15K was a jaw dropper, I did see the list of tasks that they perform for that money and the maintenance is pretty comprehensive, thats when I decided to have them do all the other stuff...I figured that there would be a lot of synergy with the labor since they would have half the bike taken apart anyways...they appeared to agree with my theory...probably because they wanted to sell me the parts ha ha

at any rate its been there two weeks now and its killing me!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Time for a second mortgage on the house! :surprise:

Brought the 1098S in for its 15K service to AMS Ducati in Dallas...decided that while its there to bite the bullet and spring for the Termi slip ons, 48 tooth clutch basket and plates, Evr slave Cyl, windscreen, new pirellis and a few other bits.... wow things add up really fast. It has been there two weeks and I'm really jonesing to get it back.

as it turns out my tank is swollen and they are trying to get it replaced by Ducati under the class action lawsuit...lets see how that goes, I just want it back! the weather of course got super nice as soon as I dropped it off.
Nice additions!

Are you on the Ducati Garage FB group? I don't really notice any SFS on there anymore. The few people that had them eventually sold them... I would love to get one but still in love with the Tuono at the moment.

Let me know if you want to go ride sometime. We ride in very small groups up to New Hope rode and 455 quite often.

--Randy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice additions!

Are you on the Ducati Garage FB group? I don't really notice any SFS on there anymore. The few people that had them eventually sold them... I would love to get one but still in love with the Tuono at the moment.

Let me know if you want to go ride sometime. We ride in very small groups up to New Hope rode and 455 quite often.

--Randy
No Im not on that FB page, I will search it out! I would love to ride sometime, I am not always able to plan way ahead to ride but I do get out quite often to 455/407 I ride down to Granbury quite a bit with my buddy, he has a Thruxton...never been to new Hope though

Love my SFS although just recently rode a Diavel and really liked it, not ready to ditch the fighter but for sure that may be my next ride.

as luck might have it AMS called and the bike should be done today!

Hit me up sometime

[email protected] Im right down the road from you in flower mound

·
Registered
140 Posts
No Im not on that FB page, I will search it out! I would love to ride sometime, I am not always able to plan way ahead to ride but I do get out quite often to 455/407 I ride down to Granbury quite a bit with my buddy, he has a Thruxton...never been to new Hope though

Love my SFS although just recently rode a Diavel and really liked it, not ready to ditch the fighter but for sure that may be my next ride.

as luck might have it AMS called and the bike should be done today!

Hit me up sometime

[email protected] Im right down the road from you in flower mound
Cool deal. Definitely request to join Ducati Garage. Good people in there.

If we ever go towards Granbury we have the bikes loaded and going to Cresson :)

Just went last Thursday on the Tuono for the first time, such a beast of a bike out there.

I'll shoot you an email and get your contact info.

BTW we are all adult riders and no hooligan riding around town...

--Randy

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
they gave me a ballpark for the 15k service of 1.4-1.7K:surprise:
That is nuts! I had mine done granted it did not need valve adjustment they were in spec. Timing belts valve clearance check, and fork seals and fluid. $680 out the door.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the bike back last week and what a difference, much smoother down low, the tank is still being sorted out, i will bring it back as soon as Ducati figures out what to do

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice additions!

--Randy
Do have an '11S, but my work schedule is so hectic that I barely have time to ride..off days are for chores...smdh

Le D Nguyen is the name

That is nuts! I had mine done granted it did not need valve adjustment they were in spec. Timing belts valve clearance check, and fork seals and fluid. $680 out the door.
Do not believe in the factory specs. They tend to have it set rather wide. I would have them set it to the lowest tolerance, but that's just my $.02. Been on .org and lots of guys who raced theirs mentioned a lot about factory specs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do have an '11S, but my work schedule is so hectic that I barely have time to ride..off days are for chores...smdh

Le D Nguyen is the name

Do not believe in the factory specs. They tend to have it set rather wide. I would have them set it to the lowest tolerance, but that's just my $.02. Been on .org and lots of guys who raced theirs mentioned a lot about factory specs.
I know exactly who you are now! I'm Randy Fritts in DG.

I work Mon-Fri 7am-4pm so I am fairly flexible. I am down to ride pretty much whenever I can so feel free to shoot me a message. I mainly ride with Julian and another guy on a 675R.

--Randy

·
Registered
465 Posts
I got the bike back last week and what a difference, much smoother down low, the tank is still being sorted out, i will bring it back as soon as Ducati figures out what to do
That's awesome that AMS is fighting for a new tank for you. If it's expanding it won't stop and will eventually cause more problems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's awesome that AMS is fighting for a new tank for you. If it's expanding it won't stop and will eventually cause more problems.
Yes they seem to be scrapping it out with Ducati for me...im interested to see what the outcome is

1 - 19 of 19 Posts