Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what I got??? :D

So I'm going to get the seals replaced while I have them off the bike. I also had a question for you guys that have done the swap. How hard was it to change out the steering head bearings? I already ordered the all balls tapered roller bearings so they should get here in a couple of days. Found some 998R rotors from a forum member so the rest of my stuff should just bolt right on. I assume I use the stock axle and not the one from the 1098s correct?

Last question is can I use that pretty 1098s top triple clamp as well? :)

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Bearings are easy to swap as you can remove the adjustable insert so that you can do the work on the bench rather than hammering through the frame - for fitting the new bearings heat and cold are your friends.

You will need a 1098 axle to fit the forks and if you are using a 998 wheel then you'll need to check the axle spacers - I replaced the speedo drive with a spacer (have a diigital dash with speedo pickup on rear wheel) and needed to make some minor alterations to get the rotors central in the calipers.

I don't know if the top triple will fit? - is the steering damper mount the same? but the 998 clamp will be fine.

The front fenders are compatible between models but the 1098 version has better fork tube protection.

Here's the finished article;

1 - 3 of 3 Posts