Votes: 8 23.5%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
talking to myself here. . .

R. Collectible? S. Not.
R. Gives me "wood." S. "Wood," gotten, but maybe less.
R. Adj. Rake, CF everywhere, mag wheels, gigantic exhausts, service stand, race ECU, cover, badge on triple, limited production, motor internals in Ti

Anyone see a downside to the R when the prices get close? I appreciate candor. Brutal candor.

Thanks

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
R. Collectible? S. Not.
R. Gives me "wood." S. "Wood," gotten, but maybe less.
R. Adj. Rake, CF everywhere, mag wheels, gigantic exhausts, service stand, race ECU, cover, badge on triple, limited production, motor internals in Ti

Anyone see a downside to the R when the prices get close? I appreciate candor. Brutal candor.

Thanks
the only thing I'd say is that you might want to buy extra fairings so you don't ruin the "R" fairings, and the traction control is less advanced than on the 1198. Otherwise, even at a few thou more... I'd get the R... it's really special

·
Registered
560 Posts
A friend of mine has the R, don't believe it has adjustable rake like the xx9 bikes. He had to put a new upper tripple to change it. Also, the traction control on the R is very abrupt. Infact, the new S traction control works much better for everything other than superbike qualifying times.

mark

·
Registered
956 Posts
No vote but, when I bought my 1098s, the 1198s was available for $2G.

I paid your originally number ($28,500).

I've put close to $50,00 into mine. So that's $80G. I'd get maybe $25G for it.

Buy the R and keep it stock or 'easy to make it stock'. That will pay off in a few years.

Or buy a used 1098 for MUCH less and have fun...

·
Registered
463 Posts
I hear there are a few new 1098R's at dealers new for 28-29K. If I had the money right now I would be all over it. A few months ago I was considering it but didn't want to take a loan out for the 10K balance that I was short.

·
Registered
608 Posts
1098R is the best bike out there, hands down - for racing , but to stare at in the garage would make me shiver every time i looked at that bad ass muthafo. Id take one for 23 K in a millisecond. My 1198S was 25 OTDoor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts