Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008-1098, I recently replaced a faulty voltage regulator, so not if this caused the problem. Started fine and was fine for that day afterwards, didn't get a chance to ride since. Now when I go to start the bike it will not even try to crank over. Turn key, press starter button, followed by a sound of maybe a relay, will not crank. Voltage is 13-14, and is on a trickle charger. Any recommendations to narrow down the problem?

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I'd check your starter relay to be sure power is getting through to the starter. After that, I'd check the starter. There are a few stories on this forum of people having a bad commutator ring causing the exact same symptoms.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I had the battery on the trickle charger for a couple of days still will not charge past 12V, as soon as I turn the ignition the voltage drops down past 12V. However now it tries to turn over. This is only my second battery, I replaced the original battery back in 2013 with the current Yusa battery, I believe. This seems shorter than normal, anyone have similar scenario? I do not leave the bike on the battery tender only plug it in every so often, usually once a month, until the charged light goes off. I think my best option is to purchase a Li-Po style battery that I've seen now floating around. I only wish Optima made batteries as I've had great luck with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts