Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. i have a 1098 and someone is selling the termi exhaust and want to buy it from the guy. the guy is telling me that i need to do something to my ecu to get most out of the termi. can anyone explain more about this

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Less restrictive exhaust allows for more air to flow into your cylinders. In order to make use of the extra air to get more power, you have to add extra fuel to maintain a good air/fuel ratio... about 13.5:1. Since your stock ECU cannot be reprogrammed to get this ratio, you need to add a Power Commander or some like-device to get the needed fuel into the cylinders. Then, you need fool the O2 sensors so they don't try to "correct" your new a/f ratio to what it thinks should be "correct".

·
Registered
94 Posts
hi everyone. i have a 1098 and someone is selling the termi exhaust and want to buy it from the guy. the guy is telling me that i need to do something to my ecu to get most out of the termi. can anyone explain more about this
You wil read a barrage of info. on the forum as to which way to go here. I have had an excellent run with the (programmable) factory ECU which comes with the full Termi system. The guy selling the system is probably keeping his to run with a different brand of exhaust (Arrow, Akrapovic etc.). The ECU as a part is very dear to buy new, but they do come up in the classifieds on these forums (I saw one yesterday but can't remember where, sorry). This has the advantage of being compatible with your dealer's software, and won't compromise your warranty. I have done 33,600 kms now, with no problems, and would recommend this solution.;)

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Get a ProTune ECU Remap Kit . Half the cost of a DP ECU and the ability to change maps if you change your bike. The proper maps eliminates the O2 sensor closed loop circuit and flapper valve for better performance and throttle response. The PC3 can not adjust under 4000 RPM and partial throttle.

-M

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Do a search on "mapping" and you´ll get tons to read.

//amullo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts