Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well still in reassembly here, and the damn fuel tank doesnt want to push forward enough.

seems the rear fuel hose is slightly resting/touching on the frame (see picture); this CANT be right (?!?!). so seems the tank wants to be a good 1/4 inch forward (or more?).
with the front 2 rubber tank mounts removed (so that the metal front pins just go into the frame with no rubber support), it allows me to get that 1/4 inch. put the rubber bits back in, even trimmed down a bit and I still cant seem to get it enough forward to be satisfied. I've tried adjusting the pins *several times* and it seems to make little to no difference.
Yes the rider's seat still fits just fine with this *possibly incorrect* fuel tank fitment.

So how close is that fuel hose to everyone elses frame?
judging by the pics of the front of the tank, is my tank in fact fully forward (as much as it should go) ???

very small tolerances on this bike all around... i hate to wreck it cuz damn if anything was/is less than perfecto - NOTHING would fit!

fuel line touching the frame slightly. plastic on the fuel line is kinda bent, so perhaps its been like this for awhile?

is this tank pushed as far forward as it is supposed to go? (rubber front tank cushions are installed in this pic)

still technically need that 1/4 or 1/8 inch forward for this to line up perfect. I remember it being insanely tight when i took it apart, so maybe it is supposed to be like this to some extent?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Did you have your front mount off for any reason? They are a tight fit but as you say the tank should be forward a bit more than it is. The bolt hole in the rear mount for the tank should be approximately in the centre of the rear tank mount.
Did you have the spigots that bolt under the tank off? Perhaps if you loosen off the spigots & push them as far back as you can & loosen the bracket that the spigots locate in & push it as far forward as you can you may just sneak enough clearance to get the tank to fit properly.
Good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fuel hoses are indeed hooked under the tank plates, that bought some room.

what is the "Front mount" ? sounds like a stupid question, but what are you referring to ?
i've even shortened the front two spigots about 1/3 inch, which MAYBE helped. hard to say

where the 2 fuel lines come together and mount to that bracket on the back of the airbox, well that bracket i loosened and pushed forward as much as i could and re-tightened. that seemed to give me enough room to get the tank bolted up 'reasonably ok to where it should be'. i got the rear bolt in so i guess that is 'success'.... also shaved away about 1/2 the thickness of that bracket as to gain that additional 1/16th inch or so. as it sits, my tank is indeed mounted. tho i still feel it could/should sit a bit more forward. its gotta have something to do with those front spigots...i've adjusted them several times now... grrr

ended up dremmiling off a bit of that fuel hose tab so it doesnt hit the frame, better safe than sorry.. turned out to be mostly unnecessary once i got the tank to sit a hair more forward

went to start it up, and one of the damn fuel hose quick release bullshits was leaking like hell!!! inspected seals and found one of them to be damaged.... never had any issues like this with my Yamaha R6 hahahaha - fuel quick release bullshits on that R6 have been disconnected/reconnected more times than i can remember - no issues.... ohhhhhh Ducati ...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well still in reassembly here, and the damn fuel tank doesnt want to push forward enough.

seems the rear fuel hose is slightly resting/touching on the frame (see picture); this CANT be right (?!?!). so seems the tank wants to be a good 1/4 inch forward (or more?).

with the front 2 rubber tank mounts removed (so that the metal front pins just go into the frame with no rubber support), it allows me to get that 1/4 inch. put the rubber bits back in, even trimmed down a bit and I still cant seem to get it enough forward to be satisfied. I've tried adjusting the pins *several times* and it seems to make little to no difference.

Yes the rider's seat still fits just fine with this *possibly incorrect* fuel tank fitment.

So how close is that fuel hose to everyone elses frame?

judging by the pics of the front of the tank, is my tank in fact fully forward (as much as it should go) ???

very small tolerances on this bike all around... i hate to wreck it cuz damn if anything was/is less than perfecto - NOTHING would fit!

fuel line touching the frame slightly. plastic on the fuel line is kinda bent, so perhaps its been like this for awhile?

is this tank pushed as far forward as it is supposed to go? (rubber front tank cushions are installed in this pic)

still technically need that 1/4 or 1/8 inch forward for this to line up perfect. I remember it being insanely tight when i took it apart, so maybe it is supposed to be like this to some extent?

Not sure what side I’m looking at here, but the fuel line on the right side goes to the rear and the left to the front. Not that it matters for running purposes but it should turn the connector a little to pass the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts