Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switching to a carbon tank. Are any new gaskets etc. required or can everything be re-used? If replacing the fuel filter are new clamps required or can they be re-used? The manual doesn't specify replacement on any of the above.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
New or used carbon tank?
Make sure it's coated on the inside with Caswell or something like it, Ethanol will eat your carbon tank otherwise and you won't like the result of it......

OEM clamps on filter don't have to be replaced if you get them back to crimp, otherwise just use good stainless hose clamps.

A fresh fuel pump o-ring is a good idea, everything else just swaps over form the stock tank.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New or used carbon tank?
Make sure it's coated on the inside with Caswell or something like it, Ethanol will eat your carbon tank otherwise and you won't like the result of it......

OEM clamps on filter don't have to be replaced if you get them back to crimp, otherwise just use good stainless hose clamps.

A fresh fuel pump o-ring is a good idea, everything else just swaps over form the stock tank.
New, coated. I checked the parts fiche on the o-ring and it's not listed. It's shown as a separate part in the workshop manual though. :confused: Got a part number by chance? I plan on calling Ducati about it either way.

+1 on the Caswell . Not only will it prevent leaks that will ruin your paint--but the ethanol does funny things to the CF that causes the weave to bleed through the paint.

This is nice to have too:

CORSE DYNAMICS Adjustable Reinforced Fuel Tank Bracket: 848, 1098, & 1198

Its much more beefy than the stock bracket and adjustable to allow for production tolerances.
Already got on on my OEM tank thanks! The stocker was all twisted up.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Don't bother with the expensive o-ring from Ducati. Take the old one to your local bearing supply house and they will size it. Tell them you want a couple in Viton rubber. They should be 2 or 3 bucks apiece.

Specifically, you want a "-341 V70" o-ring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts