Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a 1098 Rear sprocket is the same as streetfighter (if not, what bike's sprocket will). What f/r ratios yall are look'n at putting on your bikes?

Cheers,
B

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I have a question I'm new here to The forum and I'm currently looking for some advise on rear sprockets. I'm looking at getting a SMALLER rear sprocket such as something like a 33 or 35 for my streetfighter s. I do a lot of highway commuting to work and just period. so is there any manufacturer that you know of or any site that I could reference that sells sprockets with a lower tooth count?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hey I have a question I'm new here to The forum and I'm currently looking for some advise on rear sprockets. I'm looking at getting a SMALLER rear sprocket such as something like a 33 or 35 for my streetfighter s. I do a lot of highway commuting to work and just period. so is there any manufacturer that you know of or any site that I could reference that sells sprockets with a lower tooth count?
Just use a 16T on the front?

Most find the stock 15-38 awfully tall, personally I use 15-42, and I rarely use 6th gear. What rpm are you aiming for at what speed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just use a 16T on the front?

Most find the stock 15-38 awfully tall, personally I use 15-42, and I rarely use 6th gear. What rpm are you aiming for at what speed?
I Cruse at about 85 to 105 on the hwy. I'm looking for less than 5500rpm at 101mph...
I was thinking about adding the 38/16 to the front but it's only about a 300 RPM difference compared to 36/16 that's almost a 700rpm differance...

·
Registered
784 Posts
I was thinking about adding the 38/16 to the front but it's only about a 300 RPM difference compared to 36/16 that's almost a 700rpm differance...
Supersprox offer 36T, probably most quick change carrier set also. You can shop for 1098-1198-SF-Diavel-Multi1200 they are the same.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Keep in mind when you change either sprocket. Your chain tension adjustment may go out of range. Your rear ride hight will change and that changes handling big time. The SF has a longer swing arm than the 1098 and might take a 15/36. Anything smaller than 36 and the chain rubs the arm. I am currently running 15/36 on a 1098 with 98 links. I had to relocate the brake mounting plate by cutting out the guide hole 10mm. This lowered the rear 12mm which took a custom ride height adjuster to make up. All that and now my wheel base is longer and I do not like it.

Add a tooth to the front over stock. You will be much happier and can swap it back without major surgery. But even that you will need to check tire rub with your hand and at 100mph. The tire gets much taller going fast and will grind away both weld and tire. $$$

1 - 10 of 10 Posts