Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has happened the last three times I have ridden,I will be cruising along and out of the blue blaaaaaaa engine just slowly stops running no throttle response at all,pull to the side of the road cycle the key click into neutral and it fires back up like nothing ever happened,at first I thought it was something wrong w/the powercommander so I removed it from the bike,well it still does the same crap,my bike is a '07 w/70mm full system and DP ecu with 4200 miles.
Any ideas,it feels like a fuel issue since nothing abrupt happens

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
If it is a fuel problem as you suggest, I can think of two things, clogged fuel filter (do Ducatis have fuel filters?) or possibly a clog in the fuel tank vent.
+1 That is not a typical "stalling issue" symptom. More likely the vent line than the fuel filter (which is inside the tank). Is the evap. emissions (black plastic box) still installed? Check to see if any fuel is dribbling from it, could indicate a overflow line has disconnected inside the fuel tank.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the canister is gone,the vent and overflow are tee-d together to make just one hose going down,so if anything the tank would get pressurized
I just wonder if anybody has had a fuel pump issue w/a 1098 yet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts