Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, need a little advise regarding the installation of a slipper clutch for a 1098. Purchased a Bursi Evolution one, fairly similar to an STM for what I can gather.

Changed to basket no probs. Lubed the ball bearing runners, installed the ball bearings and assembled the hub. Removed the old spacer on the primary drive and replaced it with the one provided in the kit, including the new o-ring seal.

Fitted the hub on the primary drive, put the spider spring on, the chamfered washer, the main washer then the nut - torqued to the right value. Noticed that the hub wash not totally clear of the basket i.e. when the basket spins, the hub spins. My only conclusion is that the spaced on the primary drive is incorrect? Has anyone else had similar problems? I´m not sure if the original spacer can be used as the are physically different. The point is, when fully assembled, the bike will not move with engine off, gear engaged and clutch lever pulled in. Stack height of the clutch plates is correct.... Also there were no instructions in the kit!!!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
With my stm evolution slipper there was 2 spacers one for the original basket and one for the new 48 tooth basket . Dont know wether or not you should have had 2 spacers but I had to use the smaller one of the 2 about 2 mm the larger one was approx 4 mm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, no only one spacer. Basically, you:
1. Install the 12 tooth basket
2. Put o-ring in the spacer and slide it on the primary drive, seal facing inwards
3. Lube the ball runners and place balls in the grooves
4. Assemble the hub and slide onto primary drive
5. Put spring washer in place on hub
6. Put washers and nut on and torque
7. Reassemble clutch plates
8. install pressure plate

Perhaps I´m missing something or assembled incorrectly?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Have you tried it with your original spacer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts