Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have exp replacing the rear spring on a 1098 Tri? Mine is at the end of the preload soft adj and still cannot get enough sag, so I presume I need a softer spring

·
Registered
614 Posts
Anyone have exp replacing the rear spring on a 1098 Tri? Mine is at the end of the preload soft adj and still cannot get enough sag, so I presume I need a softer spring
Send it out for a lesser rate spring and service, after 4 years it's due. Do a linear rear link while your at it, the Ducshop fits just fine without mods.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Send it out for a lesser rate spring and service, after 4 years it's due. Do a linear rear link while your at it, the Ducshop fits just fine without mods.
Hey I just saw your resp, thank you. I may be selling the bike but if it doesnt happen I will check in to this mod
Thank you for the advice
Rob

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crisan - thank you for the link to your spring issue, I have not gone through it all yet but it all appears to be good advice. I am a bit porkier than you at 180 but the rear is still very hard on my 1098 but the front seems OK. I agree with you that the proper sag is the way to start and then you go from there with the dampening. Still even after all the riding experience that I have, I still cannot seem to get suspensions right.
Rob

·
Registered
338 Posts
Crisan - thank you for the link to your spring issue, I have not gone through it all yet but it all appears to be good advice. I am a bit porkier than you at 180 but the rear is still very hard on my 1098 but the front seems OK. I agree with you that the proper sag is the way to start and then you go from there with the dampening. Still even after all the riding experience that I have, I still cannot seem to get suspensions right.
Rob
At 180lb I think a 75 rate spring will be ok for you to set the sag right. For me is still juuust a little to stiff at 170lb but for a lighter one I would have to change the link also.
It's a cheap fix, and you will have another bike once you set it up for you.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anyway to determine what I have now?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Is there anyway to determine what I have now?
Take a look on what the spring say. On my 1198S the back spring was 01091-24/80 L249. That's a 80 rate spring, see the number after the slash.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take a look on what the spring say. On my 1198S the back spring was 01091-24/80 L249. That's a 80 rate spring, see the number after the slash.
Thanks man

1 - 9 of 9 Posts