Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay guys... I got the hole in my radiator in the upper left corner, like a lot of people. However, I was 2 months out of warranty. I called the local dealer, Moto Forza, here in north San Diego County. They told me that if I brought it in it would be $1000 to replace the radiator. I called DNA and they told me they would notify the regional rep and that I needed to take it in for an inspection. I got a call 5 days later that the radiator had been replaced under warranty... NICE!!

I went in today to pick up the bike. The service manager, Tim, told me that there was a small charge for labor to remove my frame sliders!!!! What BS!!! $25 to remove my frame sliders!?!?! I have never been charged to have them removed. Is the economy that bad? Tim told me "it is what it is". So I went inside to talk to the "boss". What a joke this guy is. I have never been treated with such disdain and disrespect from anyone before in my life. I though I had finally found a legit dealer. I guess they don't exist!!! I did try to call DNA while I was there but I had to leave a voicemail.

When I tried to load the bike into my truck it wouldn't even start (Which I thought was a dead battery, still won't start after a full charging). When I asked Tim's help he acted like I was bothering him. I know there is a lot of perople out there that used to think the world of this place and I WAS one of them. Moto Forza just lost a customer!!!

Rant over....
My points...
1. Ducati will fix the radiator
2. Stay away from Moto Forza

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Ducati NA goodwills a $1000 repair when you're admittedly out of warranty, and you're bitching about a $25 charge by the dealer??? By my math, your $975 ahead of the game my friend. Grow up.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Guys, doesn't need to turn into a turd slinging match here.

I don't think the issue is the fact that it was or wasn't a warranty issue. We were informed Ducati is doing it as a warranty regardless of whether it's in or out. I think the reasoning is how it was done here.

That being said; Seems a point of communication was lost in translation, on this one. Why wasn't there any communication between the customer and service about any charges prior to labor being performed, "OR WAS THERE" and not admitted? Either way, there is always two sides to a story and I don't plan on pointing the finger either way here.

jlrogers: Tough thing here is the low amount of posts, before going off on a dealership. Many people here have seen it over and over. The bad ones tend de-legitimatize the good ones. If I were you, try to solve this in a more relaxed manner, no matter how pissed you tend to be before you put yourself on the chopping block here. Guys tend to be seen as trolls when this happens.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't know about Moto Forza but most techs are paid what the job pays from a flat rate manual and it does not include time to pull aftermarket parts,thier time is thier income and can justify additional labor to R&R something Ducati did not install or pay for. That being said the dealer should have given you an estimate up front for diagnosis or additional labor for aftermarket R&R...John

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I just bought my second bike from Moto Forza yesterday and Tim and Balz(owner) are great people to work with. Tim tends to have a dry sense of personality but is a good guy and works in his customers best interest. I would be surprised if he didn't notice you that a charge may be applicable for R/R your after market parts.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but remember that dealers don't get paid dick from DNA for warranty work and most times carry the load ($$$) for your parts till DNA pays them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ducati NA goodwills a $1000 repair when you're admittedly out of warranty, and you're bitching about a $25 charge by the dealer??? By my math, your $975 ahead of the game my friend. Grow up.
wasn't about the $25... the point was that since i have had the bike the sliders have been installed. The head gaskets have been replaced due to an oil leak and no frame slider R/R charge at a dealer in KY. The ecu was also replaced on a seperate occasion and again no charge. Here at Forza I have had the voltage regulator replaced and the 10000 mile maintenance done... NO CHARGE for R/R of the sliders. Now all of a sudden with the economy in the crapper and without warning there was a charge. I have spent thousands there on tires/ maintenance and Blaz wanted to be a harda$$ over $20 that wasn't discussed. He would have made more than that on my next service.

And yes the bike was a couple of months out of warranty but since I have owned it it has spent more than that sitting in the shop waiting for parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jlrogers: Tough thing here is the low amount of posts, before going off on a dealership.
i normally read/post on other forums. I am just upset over the lack of loyalty from a dealship where i have spent a lot of money that i wanted to get the word out.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,880 Posts
I wouldn't begrudge any shop charging $25 for the extra time and I certainly wouldn't be so petty as to post/complain about it to others.

There are many bigger fish to fry out there, including why your bike wouldn't start. And as for them not being too enthusiastic about helping you, who would after you've gone running to the manager?

sliders!!!! What BS!!! $25 to remove my frame sliders!?!?! I have never been charged to have them removed. Is the economy that bad? Tim told me "it is what it is". So I went inside to talk to the "boss". What a joke this guy is.
Talk about disdain and disrespect.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
If you feel you have to win every petty little battle with your dealer, you will most certainly lose the war. This is true for all relationships....

·
Registered
67 Posts
You are not alone

I have bought 2 bikes from Moto Forza in less than 9 month and frankly I find their treatment quiet offensive just about every time I go there or need to deal with them. Chris the sales guy never delivers on his promises and absolutely never gets back to you to let you know something you ordered has come in or is delayed. One item of mine under warranty has been there for close to 4 months! Tim the mechanic has a zero personality. Also never calls back to let you know your bike is ready and when approached pretends like you are pestering him. The owner/sales guy Balz is better than the other two but that does not solve the problems with the place. I have had several heart to heart conversations with Balz pointing out the issues, received promises, only to have them broken right away.

Frankly, GP Motors is a much better dealer and service place for Ducatis and other exotic Italian bikes than Moto Forza will ever be. I have no problem trekking twice the distance there given the professional way they handle everything. This is where I will be going from now on :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts