Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my first trackday coming up and i'm trying to find the easiest way to disable all my lights. I searched and couldn't find anything.
Could someone explain how to disable the headlight, tail-light and turn signals. If it's just a matter of unplugging them, Please tell me where the connectors are and how to access them easiest.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
I have my first trackday coming up and i'm trying to find the easiest way to disable all my lights. I searched and couldn't find anything.
Could someone explain how to disable the headlight, tail-light and turn signals. If it's just a matter of unplugging them, Please tell me where the connectors are and how to access them easiest.
Thanks
On your bike I think it is pretty simple to bull the bulbs for the front lights. For the taillights, find the wire harness running to the back of the bike, it should be on the right of the frame, and just find the connector and unplug it. There is nothing else for it to control except for the taillights and the license plate light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Or you could just pull the fuses for the lights. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
That was my original thought, but I was unsure of whether the fuse for the lights handles other things as well. And seeing as that could be a problem, I thought the other route. But if it does not, then yes, pull the fuse.

·
Registered
83 Posts
you can just pull the fuse... they are in a little ruberized box near the battery. Everything else will work normally. Have fun at the track!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.
Sounds easy enough...Just thought I would consult the crowd. I wasn't sure about the fuse route either. That's probably what I'll do though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you unplug the headlight bulbs, you really don't want an electrically "hot" connector loose inside there.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
If you unplug the headlight bulbs, you really don't want an electrically "hot" connector loose inside there.
Zip-ties are a mans third best friend...behind dogs and ductape.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Here's what I do on my 1098S...

Right front headlight - unplug the main bulb.
Rear - remove seat and unplug main harness.

Done.

Have fun and let us know how your trackday goes for you!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts