Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tries this?

The oil cooler on The Time machine is not in the best shape. With the correct nipples on the case for the 1098 oil cooler line, my guess is fitting the 1098 oil cooler and lines is strait forward.

Just reroute the external oil feed line that currently sources the oil from the top of the oil cooler to the port that is blocked off on the clutch cover. (Where the xx9 external oil line sources its oil) Use the 999 external oil feed line if the 916/996/998 one will not work.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Haven’t seen it done, think you could be the first. Very interested to see how this plays out. I bet it will work, also feel like custom lines may end up in play, a bracket may need to be fabricated, still a small price to pay for this upgrade/update.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that I am going to give it a try in a couple of weeks. I'll post a detailed thread of the success or failure of the installation.

The lines should be fine. Just changing out the original nipples that are on the cases. As to the rest, we will see.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am unclear on the line. The 1098 oil cooler doesn't have a feed line from cooler to heads like the 916/996,998 oil cooler.

Did you mean a line from the head to the clutch cover? Regardless, I am interest in any details that you are interested in sharing.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Trussdude, what did you have to do to mount it?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be out of town for a week. No internet thank goodness. PM me if you are interested in letting it go.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to go ahead with the 1098 or 848 oil cooler swap. I believe this will be very easy. While on vacation I remembered that the 748 uses an external oil feed line from the right crank case cover and no oil cooler.

The plan is a 748 external oil feed line, 1098/848 oil cooler, cooler lines, and the matching cooling line nipples that screw into the right case. I'll post the details in another thread in when i get around to the project in 3 or 4 weeks.

The only real work will be mounting the oil cooler, which will likely be easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts