Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, wonder if there is any electronic launch control solution out there for a 1098 motor (I have a streetfigher 1098), or tips to get off the start line faster :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
I believe the Grip one system has launch control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
i use the mat mladin one. its free and works a treat when learn how to use it.>:)
how i learnt. two or three old clutch packs, some tools, magnets and welding gloves and go out and practice. start out in second gear so you don't loop it. once you've learnt (one or two clutch packs later) the hardest thing is to not get all excited on the start line with other people around and blow all that practice.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the Grip one system has launch control.

Just googled it, seems possible. I will send them an email to see whether it is compatible with the Streetfighter since the bike came with traction control and sensors already. Thanks for the information

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i use the mat mladin one. its free and works a treat when learn how to use it.>:)
how i learnt. two or three old clutch packs, some tools, magnets and welding gloves and go out and practice. start out in second gear so you don't loop it. once you've learnt (one or two clutch packs later) the hardest thing is to not get all excited on the start line with other people around and blow all that practice.

Using old clutch packs to practice seems like a good idea. I just replaced my clutch plates... damn. I guess I could try using second gear at high RPM to see how it behaves :). Thanks for the advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts