Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI again, What's the best ECU to use for track?

standard ECU and remap internally
standard ECU and use piggyback power commander
After market ECU

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
define "best". powercommander because its simple and user friendly and does the job. but if your engine is running fine then the "best" thing you can do to go faster is hold the throttle open longer in conjuction with using less brakes.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) suppose I meant value for money, anyways got a stock ecu and will figure if a PCV or an internal remap is the way forward.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope I have a 996 with a 1098 running 996 electronics which works 85% ok. I want to clean the bike up and use the 1098 loom, coils, ecu and dash. Idea is that I can better tune the engine, with it's pistals pistons, aKro exhaust, and one off air box.

Previously I had limited adjustments through a PCIII.

Now to figure out how to mount he wheel sensors :)

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you get the software to setup the microtec yourself or do you need to use someone?

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
All DIY. Everything you need comes in the package, just add dyno. You have control over everything that an ecu is capable of doing. If you don’t have dyno access or you want to tune on your own then you will need the Microtec logger and wide band O2 sensors fitted to your header pipes. These are extras that you will need to purchase.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great just ordered one. I think it's exactly what I need. Any real benefits for having the logger, does it really make that much difference from???

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Microtec tuning centres use the logger on the dyno. It makes life so much easier. And as I said, it’s a must if you don’t

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Great just ordered one. I think it's exactly what I need. Any real benefits for having the logger, does it really make that much difference from???
Microtec with logging or stock ECU with logging is the way to go.

Even unmodified bikes benefit from logging and remapping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts