Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have 5,650 miles on my 1098. I did a search but no one really covers whether or not you can or have to do anything to it, to clean it. Noticing some dirt, dust and or grime build up in the open part of my clutch basket. Any ideas, or leave it alone till 7,500 mile service? Coincidently, I changed the oil today (AMSOIL 20-50 V-twin and K&N filter), was a little pissed that it only drained out 2.5qt's of oil and that includes letting the filter drain for over an hour. Bike has no leaks and no smoke in exhaust. I called the dealer and expressed concern. They were very good about answering questions and even asked the former owner to call me.(Caller ID so I knew it was him)
Jason

·
Registered
660 Posts
Doesn't hurt you to put it apart, blow out the clutch dust. Some will argue if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Go for it!
461 Posts
My original clutch is still strong with 16K+ miles. I have open clutch cover and have not done anything to the clutch. I say leave it alone if the clutch is working good.

Regarding oil change: I get about 3.25 liters coming out of my motor. Ofcourse you won't get all of it out, so close enough. The important thing is to change oil as scheduled. Your motor will be fine. Today's manufacturing is excellent in terms of tolerancing and quality control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts