Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all!

Today I was attempting to install a carbon solo street tail and carbon anti-draft section from OPP/Full Six which is a pretty reputable brand with known great fitment. I've sent them an email as well but wanted to reach out to all of you as well.

After installed I have about a 1/2" gap between where the anti-draft and tail section should be touching/connected. This is the first time this bike has seen bodywork (built it from the ground up) so I don't have any other bodywork for reference. From the drawings/microfiche I've referenced I believe I'm installing everything correctly and the carbon pieces do line up with the mounting holes etc.

So it's one of two things, either I'm missing something and I've somehow installed it incorrectly or there is a design issue.

For the main tail section, there are only 4 mounting holes near the seat, two of which share the same two holes as the rear of the seat. The anti draft has two mounting holes basically under the seat and then the 4 holes where the exhaust hanger/mount is. The anti-draft piece is pretty much butted up right against the sub frame so I don't see how it could go up any further. So that would mean the main tail section would need to lower somehow so it's butted up against the anti-draft.

Thanks for any input!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
The OEM top has female tabs that when removing require you to push forward first then up off the bottom which has corresponding male tabs. They look like the bottom of a hockey stick and point to the handlebars. I put an aftermarket set of flairings on mine for track and the tail piece was a little too small in width to fit properly. It cause a similiar issue to yours. Had to stretch it a bit and lengthen the female tabs, but was finally able to seat it and tabs. I do not see that on the carbon from the pics.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your subframe is a duo seat.
Oh do I actually need a different subframe? I was under the impression the "solo" tail was just the specific design meaning it didn't have the passenger seat.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The OEM top has female tabs that when removing require you to push forward first then up off the bottom which has corresponding male tabs. They look like the bottom of a hockey stick and point to the handlebars. I put an aftermarket set of flairings on mine for track and the tail piece was a little too small in width to fit properly. It cause a similiar issue to yours. Had to stretch it a bit and lengthen the female tabs, but was finally able to seat it and tabs. I do not see that on the carbon from the pics.

I actually watched that video a couple days ago to see if I was missing something obvious haha, everything looked ok though.

I do know what tabs you are referring to, this carbon set doesn’t have those though by design. I looked on the manufacturers website too to confirm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts