Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening, I've had my 1098 engine out of my 916 over the winter, when I did my swap I didn't flip the throttle linkage so I have to remove the linkage when I remove the engine.

My question is about the correct way to resync the linkage, I think what I should be doing is connecting up my carb balancer, screwing in the bleed screws then adjusting the linkage rod until the balance is even on the meter at about 3k rpm all done with the bike upto running temperature.

I'm also interested in making sure the co is set properly, I believe it should be around 5%. I have a gas analyser and I plan to get some adapters to fit in the exhaust manifolds so I can measure the co at each cylinder. I think I'm right in saying adjusting the bleed screws only adjusts the co at idle, how does adjusting the trim pot in the 16m ecu affect the co? Also as I'm measuring at the manifolds do I need to aim for a lower co than if I measured at the end can?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Linkage sync with air bleeds wound in. Get best compromise at varying rpm.

Air bleeds are used to set idle speed, then balance the mixture cylinder to cylinder. Their influence in mixture control lasts as long as air flows through them - realistically, at a few degrees throttle opening there’s no flow through them any more.

Trimmer effects mixture across whole range, but in pulse width terms, then not %. So % wise it does more at low pulse widths - ie, low load.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts