Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there know if a 1098/848 swing arm will fit onto a 999? I am looking into bolt on not custom fab. Thank you in advance for any info.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
The 916-998 swing arm is as close to a bolt-on SSSA as you are going to get. It bolts into place, but the shock mount will be an issue as the distance is too short for a stock shock. Also you will end up with about 1" less wheel base.

There is no complete, straight bolt-in SSSA for the XX9.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Isn't this one complete bolt-on?

Looks dreadful to me... Perhaps a 996 swingarm looks more subtle. The magnesium corse swing arms are a bit longer than the stock ones. So that might solve the wheel base problem.

·
Registered
227 Posts
try it

Gotham cycles has a 1098/ 848 swingarm for $999.00 bucks get a shock made and buy a wheel. Ram makes a nice set up for around $3,500 minus the wheel and shock. or you can do it the way I did with a 998 swingarm. pm me if interested. ill send you the build sheet.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Gotham cycles has a 1098/ 848 swingarm for $999.00 bucks get a shock made and buy a wheel. Ram makes a nice set up for around $3,500 minus the wheel and shock. or you can do it the way I did with a 998 swingarm. pm me if interested. ill send you the build sheet.
Got some more pic's of your bike?
Looks quite nice actualy for what I can see :)

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Isn't this one complete bolt-on?

Looks dreadful to me... Perhaps a 996 swingarm looks more subtle. The magnesium corse swing arms are a bit longer than the stock ones. So that might solve the wheel base problem.

We sold/installed several of these when the 999 first came out. They are designed for the 999.It is a direct bolt on.
-M

MS Magnesium SSSA Kit: 749/999

1 - 9 of 9 Posts