Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guyz, am really confused ... I have a ducati Monster s4r 2007 and I am offered swap head to head with a 1098 2007 both have around 3000 miles!!

What are your thoughts 1098 or the Monster?:confused:

·
Registered
355 Posts
That's a tough choice. The 1098 is an amazing bike. Where do you ride mostly? The Monster is definitely a better bike for real world riding. The 1098 is amazing in the twisty mountain roads though. Around town, it's a pain to ride compared to the Monster.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thnx Cole :) Well there are no mountains where I normally ride but am still finding it a tough choice ...

comparing both bikes to each other seems that the 1098 has some extra features but as you said it may not be as comfortable as the monster for around town riding.

·
Registered
920 Posts
If you know the 1098 owner well, check insurance coverage and swap bikes for a week or so. See what you think 1st hand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you know the 1098 owner well, check insurance coverage and swap bikes for a week or so. See what you think 1st hand.
unfortunately, I dont have that option :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went through the same thing 2 years ago. I had a 1098 and was curious about the S4RS. Personally I love both bikes. That being said...I REALLY love my S4RS!!! It has near the power of the 1098 with more comfort. I can ride all day and feel fine yet still have a GREAT track bike. I traded the SBK for the Monster and haven't regreted it. :)

Travis

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
I went through the same thing 2 years ago. I had a 1098 and was curious about the S4RS. Personally I love both bikes. That being said...I REALLY love my S4RS!!! It has near the power of the 1098 with more comfort. I can ride all day and feel fine yet still have a GREAT track bike. I traded the SBK for the Monster and haven't regreted it. :)

Travis
+1, no longer interested in the Superbikes now I have my S4Rs

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Apples vs. Oranges.....

The 1098 is a sweet machine but if you ride primarily on the street in an urban enviroment the Monster is much better tool. I had a 1098 for a short time and it was wicked fast. Didn't even start stretching its legs until you were in the ton range. If I had time and money to burn it would still be in the garage. I also had a Hyper at that same time which is no Monster but similiar abilities. The Hyper was a much better urban street machine. More comfort, enough power (or should I say usable power) just a better tool for the job. The 1098 is great but really needs to spend most of its time at a track in order to use its abilities. Goodluck with the decision.....its a tough one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thnx guys, well I dont do alot of riding in town and wanted something good for the track so I went with the 1098 ... though This way I will need to have another bike for touring and other uses which am considering at the moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts