Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,174 Posts
Nice write up!
I´d be real intrested in the suspension setup you used. My thought on the enduro mode is also to set it up for trackdays since I´m more likely to use the urban mode on gravelroads (love TC..)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
It takes some serious balls to ride a bike 1000 miles, track it, and run the risk of not having something to get back home with. You, are a real biker...
Couldn't have said it better!

The track segment far and away beats that 1000 mile ride down there.....and then hopefully back on the same bike.

Greg

Are you riding the Multi with stock sprockets?

Dan

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice write up!
I´d be real intrested in the suspension setup you used. My thought on the enduro mode is also to set it up for trackdays since I´m more likely to use the urban mode on gravelroads (love TC..)
Amullo- I ended up with the following settings:
Front C-9 R-11
Rear C-12 R-11
Rear Preload at 16
TC at 3 instead of 4 which is factory for Sport mode.

I started out with rear preload at 14 but the sidestand was dragging pretty badly. Once I upped it to 16 the sidestand never drug again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Greg

Are you riding the Multi with stock sprockets?

Dan
Yes, factory sprockets. The rearing was nice and close for this track. I only used 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. And honestly was only in 4th for a very short period on the front straight becasue 3rd made the bike hit the limiter a little more than I liked.

This bike is so much fun on the track. With better rear sets (ie. more ground clearance) I could easily run middle of the pack in the Advanced group. But, I'm not willing to pay the money for the rear sets that are currently available. I will just keep what I have and enjoy riding it as is. It's still a ton of fun on the track and completely capable of crushing plenty of ego's. :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Great write up. I love Barber and have ridden it probably 6 times. The last time(Mar) I did it on my 07 MS and had a blast. It was more fun than my BMW S1000 because that bike would scare the heck out of you. Going back June 29th and I can't wait to put it on a few sportbikers. Would love to have the new MS and will one day. You have all my respect to ride that far and do a track day.

·
Registered
76 Posts
@greg, as others have said, a true biker! :yeah:

great writeup and pics, would love to have the skill to do the track like that!
looking forward to your next report sir! :D

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
TC at 3 instead of 4 which is factory for Sport mode.
I can see the difference in experience between Greg and myself.

My TC for Sport is set at the elderly 7. Not too smart for the track.

Nice use of your bike, Greg! With some great pics to boot.

Dan

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but on the first page of this thread, you state the following:
...convert the Enduro mode into Trackday mode for my liking. I set the sag then loaded the four modes (solo, solo with bags, passenger, passenger with bags) with different suspension settings so I could fine tune suspension easily.
then later, you say you were running in sport mode:
Yep, ran the bike on 150hp high and left the TC on 3.
How can you do both?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but on the first page of this thread, you state the following:

then later, you say you were running in sport mode:

How can you do both?
Never a stupid question. You can set each mode (sport, touring, enduro, urban) to the horsepower setting of your liking. You have to go into settings to change or set the horsepower. Each mode is capable of 150 HP high, 150 low, and 100 HP. I changed Enduro from 100 HP to 150 HP high. That make sense?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Never a stupid question. You can set each mode (sport, touring, enduro, urban) to the horsepower setting of your liking. You have to go into settings to change or set the horsepower. Each mode is capable of 150 HP high, 150 low, and 100 HP. I changed Enduro from 100 HP to 150 HP high. That make sense?
Absolutely. I didn't realize you could change the HP setting!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Greg thanks for the settings for track. I used them on my practice track near my house lol.The bike handled unreal full lean knee down no dragging even with center stand on bike. Can't wait to ride the Multi to the track tire warmers in top case and go chase some sporities.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Greg thanks for the settings for track. I used them on my practice track near my house lol.The bike handled unreal full lean knee down no dragging even with center stand on bike. Can't wait to ride the Multi to the track tire warmers in top case and go chase some sporities.
Cool! Keep me in mind, Im always down for a trackday. I wouldnt mind CMP or trying the new track in Garysburg, NC.

It would be so fun to show up like you said tire warmers in the top case, side bags on and my tent strapped to the seat. Then the next day kick some sportbike butt!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cool! Keep me in mind, Im always down for a trackday. I wouldnt mind CMP or trying the new track in Garysburg, NC.

It would be so fun to show up like you said tire warmers in the top case, side bags on and my tent strapped to the seat. Then the next day kick some sportbike butt!!
Greg CMP is only an hour and a half from me. I believe STT will be there in the fall.

·
Registered
146 Posts
track day settings

Excellent write up. 1000+ miles in a day, awsome.

I appreciate the info on the settings. Can you share your weight on the bike?

thanks,

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks Greg, for an awesome write up. I have been to Barber twice by car, and thought about riding down one day. But the main route I take most of the way was I-81, very scenic but loaded with trucks! Did you go another way from NY?

Tony

21 - 40 of 44 Posts