Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a deposit on one of the 30 track only 1000ss bikes. Will be my first Ducati. I would welcome any thoughts on initial race set up.
- exhaust (ARC?)
- bodywork (Sharkskinz?)
- suspension (re-spring and revalve forks w/ Ohlin valves?)
- rear sets (Woodcraft?)
- steering damper (Ohlins?)
- slipper clutch?
- Chip/Power Commander?
- shift cutout
- Air intake/cleaner
- baseline gearing (Summit/VIR?)

I presume I'll wait until next winter to do any engine work, but welcome thoughts on that as well
- lightened flywheel
- higher compression
- overbore
- head/valve work
- etc.

I'm looking to make a reliable, competitive CCS LWSB ... I'm tired of listening to all those SV riders. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
6,335 Posts
Welcome!

Having done more than a few track days, here is a good start. Your text is in italics. Mine in BOLD.

- exhaust (ARC?) Take your pick, these are subjective.
- bodywork (Sharkskinz?) Sharkskinz +1 easy bolt on,. and easy to paint to your liking.
- suspension (re-spring and revalve forks w/ Ohlin valves?) This is a must do. PM NCRick, he is THE MAN!
- rear sets (Woodcraft?) Another subjective, but I use Acculign.
- steering damper (Ohlins?)
I don't use one.
- slipper clutch?
Real world applications, ask VDuc.
- Chip/Power Commander? Power Comm or have a Duc shop dyno tume it. I had the Dyno tune.
- shift cutout Haven't done it. But I do have the GP shifter.
- Air intake/cleaner K&N with cutout. LOVE the sound.
- baseline gearing (Summit/VIR?) Out of my territory.

I presume I'll wait until next winter to do any engine work, but welcome thoughts on that as well
- lightened flywheel
Nichols
- higher compression Various good ones available
- overbore You will get lots of input here.
- head/valve work BCM does good work.
- etc.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Did you talk to Donnie about the Hindle full system?

ARC fabs some really, I mean REALLY nice exhausts...but I wonder if they can keep up with your schedule. Plus, I think most of his systems require modifying the sub-frame [which is not a removable unit on SS bikes]

Is this bike going to Daytona? Or the 600?

Somebody on the forum here must have a map for a PCIII

I just got off the phone with Lang @ Hindle. They developed a full race system for your 1000 to be run in the Canadian "Battle of the Twins" series.

Street and Competition is the distributor, but they won't have it on their website. you will have to call and get them to contact Hindle for the part #

They have produced about 20 systems, and will make them on order.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sean - if it makes it to Daytona fine, if not, I'd rather get it set up right. Re: the 600, I will definitely bring it down to practice if this isn't ready, but may sweet talk you guys into letting me use the TC bike to ride LWF40 instead of regular F40.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Mx, I will redouble my efforts to get my SS back into trim.
If I can get it done/down to DC before the trailer leaves, my bike will be on it for you to ride.
It will be very much like what you are getting [albeit down on HP] But still competetive in LWF40, and very much so in Ultraltweight SBK if you want the track time. It might be a little undersprung, but for a weekend we might be able to compromise.

everything is coming together now....we'll see how fast I can re-assemble.

When is your bike supposed to hit the dealer's floor?

If I'm going to put special rubber on my new rims for daytona, we need to talk.
Or I can put an old set on, and you can sort it out down there....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts