Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help getting this bike up and running.

I bought a 1000DS Supersport motor plus wiring loom and throttle bodies to rebuild into a TT1 replica hot rod. I do not have any keys and I do not have the dash.

What options are available to get this bike going again? I am happy to use a simple on/off switch rather than a key and I have a Motogadget tacho/speedo that I'd like to use. But how can I switch the immobiliser in the ecu off? Will tuneecu do the job?

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Send me a PM with your mobile number and I will call you.

"Sydney" covers a large area, what suburb?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice!

I'm part way through one as a 'Long term Project'

Do you have a frame? Stock TT frames need work around the V head to fit. The frame I have was built to fit the DS block. Also rear shock top mount requires +20mm in length to clear the V head rear cam cover.

PM me if you want photos... or want to chat :smile2:

I'm likely to use a Microtec CPU for tuning and non ducati dash.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi CD, I've got a TT replica Verlicchi frame from Two Wheel Classics in the UK. It was built to fit a 900SS motor so the frame cross member where the rear shock mounts has a recess cut into it to allow clearance from the vertical head. The 1000 motor is slightly larger so I had to cut away a small section of the fins on the rear cylinder to get one of the triangulated frame members to fit. Also the header pipes will need some adjustment bc of the shorter exhaust manifolds on the 1000. Aside from that it is coming together nicely. Rear shock has bolted on without issue although I haven't done any geometry measurements yet

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
I'm likely to use a Microtec CPU for tuning
Why?

The "stock" ECU is eminently "loggable", programmable and there is more info out there, Just my opinion, but why be Robinson Crusoe?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Fair call Punch, I do have my original Paul Smart CPU that I can use and calbes from London Electric.
Best I dump all your CPU threads to disk in case the internet has a meltdown in the next few years

:)

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
I have been installing Microtec and tuning Ducatis with it for some time now. There are quite a few nice tuning options in the Microtec that may not be available else where.

My last 900ss I converted to Fuel Injection came out wonderful and clean with the Microtec and a simple harness. Check this link http://www.ducati.ms/forums/57-supersport/441369-900ss-fe-performance-resturation-7.html

I feel for performance tuning you may have better luck and an easier time with Microtec. But maybe I am bias as I have not had the experience with a stock flash UE that is as easy to understand an the Microtec

·
Registered
123 Posts
No intention to hijack this thread.....
I was pretty sold on the Microtek AutoTune unit to get me a good percentage of the way there.
Anyhow, I'm probably a couple of years away from seeing it running....

Next on my list is a custom Nitron shock, have new 998 Showa forks up front

If I can clean my office I'll post a pic of what I have so far.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
I have been installing Microtec and tuning Ducatis with it for some time now. There are quite a few nice tuning options in the Microtec that may not be available else where.

My last 900ss I converted to Fuel Injection came out wonderful and clean with the Microtec and a simple harness. Check this link http://www.ducati.ms/forums/57-supersport/441369-900ss-fe-performance-resturation-7.html

I feel for performance tuning you may have better luck and an easier time with Microtec. But maybe I am bias as I have not had the experience with a stock flash UE that is as easy to understand an the Microtec
Hey 848, I was not being critical at all (yes I do have momentary lapses), I was simply indicating that there was a lot more info out there on getting into the stock ECU, rather than Microtec.

I "guess" it depends on whether or not there are files/maps or whatever to start from, then tune.

Interesting the Mircotec came with a simple harness, I will search for that info.

My observation is that the majority of people are reticent to even modify their stock ECU, in an electronic sense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts