Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I can get a 1000DS Multistrada that was in an accident for a very good price (would love to fit that 1000cc engine into my 900SS). However, the clocks are broken and missing and aparently the immobiliser is located in them. Is there any way in which I'll be able the get the 1000DS engine running in my 900SS without the clocks/immobiliser. I know I'll be able to fit my FCRs on there and I'm sure I can get my new Silent Hektik ignition system to work in there, but I'd rather not buy the bike if I won't be able to use the OE injection and ignition system. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
8,267 Posts
Check with FIM, they have a replacement ECU that bypasses the immobilizer.

http://www.fuelinmoto.com.au/

Cost is steep at USD $725 Retail and there aren´t many places in the US that can map them, but they are alot more adjustable and versatile then a PC3.
You´ll need to mail them about YOUR engine, since they don´t offer the ECU to the Multi (they have idle-stepper). But since your transplanting the engine, there ECU replacement MIGHT work anyway.

//amullo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts