Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I've won the bid on a 1000ds Supersport in Hayden (Coeur d'Alene) Idaho. I'll be flying in and riding the bike home in several weeks but I'd like some verification regarding the bike and seller. Can anyone vouch for Jeff Roeske before I ship my saddle bags and gear to Idaho?
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Hello all,
I've won the bid on a 1000ds Supersport in Hayden (Coeur d'Alene) Idaho. I'll be flying in and riding the bike home in several weeks but I'd like some verification regarding the bike and seller. Can anyone vouch for Jeff Roeske before I ship my saddle bags and gear to Idaho?
Thanks,
Steve
Hey Steve...I just answered you on Ducati.net. I don't know the seller but if he's got all the paperwork it should be good.

·
Still needs a life.
12,611 Posts
Ducati.MS member "Brushpuppy" lives in Rathdrum, which is not too far away. Maybe he knows the guy.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I sent a PM to Brushpuppy. There can't be that many ducatisti in that part of the world. Through my oversight, I overlooked the payment details in the ebay listing and honestly, I was surprised I won the auction at the amount I bid. I'm sure the bike is just as Jeff described. He seemed like a straight shooter and knowledgeable about the bike. But he has asked that I send payment in the next week and I can't travel to Coeur D'Alene until the end of the month. I'm just a bit nervous because this is a departure from the normal practice of seeing the bike and title first, then paying for the bike. I believe I'm protected by eBay buyer protection as long as I follow certain guidelines. I'm just looking for a little extra assurance.
Steve

·
Still needs a life.
12,611 Posts
There are probably a lot of Ducatistis in the area as Beaudry's was located in nearby Post Falls. Beaudry's went out of business, but at one time it was one of the largest (by sales volume) Ducati dealers in the PNW.

·
Registered
373 Posts
There are a few of us out here keeping the faith... We haven't had a "local Ducati dealer" in a couple years, but there is a squared away certified Ducati mechanic up in Hayden, ID.
If the seller can provide you with papers to view, it wouldn't be too hard for one of us to verify it for you. Congrats on your new purchase!

Regards,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here as far as dealer support goes. The nearest is 3 hours away in KC, MO but last time I needed help, I went to Advanced Motor Sports in Dallas. It's 8 hours one way but it was worth the trip.

I hope to get more information from the seller this weekend. I may ask for help so I appreciate the offer.
Steve

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1000 SS in Hayden

If the seller can provide you with papers to view, it wouldn't be too hard for one of us to verify it for you. Congrats on your new purchase!

Regards,

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I want to take you up on your offer.

The seller, Jeff Roeske is an optician at the Spokane Lens Crafters. He sent me a scan of the title today and said he could ride the Duc to work so it could be viewed. Like I said before, I'm sure everything will be cool with the bike, but I'd appreciate it if you or someone in the area could give it a look for me. As long as the numbers match and it's a runner, I'll take it from there.

The seller said it would be ok to give his phone number to you and the two of you could work out a time to meet. BTW, he also rides a 1098 which he is keeping.

Let me know if you can help and I'll forward a copy of the title. My direct email is [email protected]. I'm leaving the house early tomorrow but will be back tomorrow night by about 6 your time.

I tell my non-rider friends what great folks the Ducati community is and this is another good example. I'll be there late on the 25th of this month and will meet Jeff and pick up the bike the next morning. I hope to see you while I'm in Spokane.

Steve

·
Registered
373 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem at all. I'm off on Fridays, so hopefully that will work for the other Jeff as well. Long day at work today, so I'll try to touch base with you tomorrow to get the info. I'm new to the 1000ss, but I think I have a pretty good idea of what high points to check out for any red flags on the bike itself.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bill, If you lived in Sikeston, I understand why you pronounced it "misery". The southwest part of the state has much better riding. But yes, I'll ride some in Idaho and Washington too before I have to head home.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Arriving in Spokane tonight and will pick up the 1000ds this evening. I'm heading for Fernwood, Idaho to spend a night or two with a cousin there, then back west to the Cascades for a camping trip with another cousin. Hope to reach the Pacific Coast Highway next week and spend a couple of days riding south along the coast before heading east.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Would be a shame if you missed out on the fabulous roads that run through Oregon. In general, you'll need to get farther south - near Baker City, Oregon. From there you can take off on the two lane roads that provide great road surfaces, light traffic, great cornering, conservative enforcement. Although, I wouldn't recommend running these roads without a partner.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thoroughly enjoyed my trip to the northwest. I did find great riding in Idaho, Washington and Oregon. In all, I logged about 3300 miles in 11 days, with several layover days with family. The SS never let me down although I did wear out the aluminum rear sprocket. Salt Lake Motorsports took care of me with new sprockets and chain and had me back on the road in a couple of hours. I had several 500 mile days towards the end and one 652 miles thanks to the Heli bars that were on the bike when I bought it and the Airhawk seat which I took with me. New tires on order.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts