Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Due to an oil leak appearing around the clutch slave, i've dismounted the slave as well as the entire clutch.
Apart from the fact that my cluch needs to be completely changed (see the pictures), I also got a glitch of the seal that I need to change.
Considering the image of all the parts involved in the clutch, I'm not sure to get what I see in the clutch pan. I fought I was going to change the seals on the push rod, but the destroyed seal i'm seeing is not one of those. The seals on the push rod seem ok, and I see two marks which I suppose corresponds with the seals I see in the clutch pan.
Could help me to identify which seal it is ?

If something is not clear, please tell me. English is not my mother tongue and i'm not used to the clutch vocabulary 0:)

Thanks a lot !

Attachments

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
i wouldn't bother replacing that clutch. wait for it to slip.

no real idea what you're on about. there's no seal on the left side, just the two o-rings on the pushrod. there's also an o-ring that sits in the front of the slave.

there's a seal in the input shaft on the rh side that often comes out or goes bad and lets clutch dust, etc, down the pushrod.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so we do have the same reading.
The o-ring on the slave (orange) is ok.
This bad stuff I see may then be another thing. It roughly seems to be located on the border between the cranckshaft and the alternator cover. There should be a seal here.

I'll dismount it to see... Next surprise to come ! I was hoping to ride this bike bought in february until october, and have a deep look into it afterward... I lost ?

Fyi, I have no unusual dust on the right part of the clutch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I may try to see the seal behind the front sprocket before dismounting the alternator cover.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
if the oil is coming out the pushrod you'll need to remove the cover and reseal it. there is a well above the pushrod, and if the sealer fails it leaks oil into there. is the screw behind the clutch slave tight?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found one which was not that tight, above the front sprocket. And one hour ago, I had another look to find this screw behind the slave ^^" it was not that tight, the same way.
I'll change first all the seals (pushrod and slave), change the clutch, and see afterward if it was enough with the screws tightened to stop this leak. If not, i'll reseal the cover.
That may be done in two weeks or so (i also have to replace some stuff like the timing belts and one tensioner which is tired.
I'll let you know then ?
Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts