Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the OE steering dampner on the 1000S adjustable? If not, can it be swapped out with one? I have the Kuan bracket and Ohlins SD121 and wonder if that dampner will fit the OE mounts. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Is the OE steering dampner on the 1000S adjustable? If not, can it be swapped out with one? I have the Kuan bracket and Ohlins SD121 and wonder if that dampner will fit the OE mounts. Thanks!
No it is not, yes it is shite and no the SD121 will not fit, only an SD120 will fit, I did all the research on this ages ago and have posted up on this site about it.

The Ohlins damper is a brilliant piece of kit but is only one of the 20 or so things that need to be done to this bike to make it great and I think I have probably posted up about all of these here as well. Do a search and be prepared to open your wallet... :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
This photo shows a adjustable Storz that went on the stock mounts, with some machine work, not a lot. I made a split bushing to fill the gap in the mount, as it is smaller than the oem. 16 adjustment settings,and you wont have to open your wallet as far as you would for the Ohlins. Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. I'm trying to locate a new red '08 1000S and trade the '07 GT in on it. I have always been enamoured by the S in red and want to use as much stuff off my GT as I can.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Brooksie, I have had a look and the SD121 has a 68mm stroke like the SD120, the difference seems to only be with the mounting kit. Contact Dan @ Kyles racing and see if you can get an SD120 mounting kit for your damper and I think you will be OK.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brooksie, I have had a look and the SD121 has a 68mm stroke like the SD120, the difference seems to only be with the mounting kit. Contact Dan @ Kyles racing and see if you can get an SD120 mounting kit for your damper and I think you will be OK.
You're the best. Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts