Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just received my bike from the 1000 km service, and after a good ride under the rain I decided to wash it. I was looking at the little oil window and realized it was overfilled all the way to the top of the window :mad:
I decided to check every single part of the bike including the chain tension using the metalic part that comes in the red tools bag. I was pissed off to see that the center of the chain was about 3 mm below the little hole:mad::mad:
I am sure they did not even check the chain, but I cant understand why with only 1000 km the chain has not the proper tension. Is it possible it was like this since the day 1?
I am going back to the dealer on monday morning to make them check this but I am really pissed off.
How often do you check the chain tension?
How do I drain the overfilled oil from the deposit?
Cheers from Mexico

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello,
Just received my bike from the 1000 km service, and after a good ride under the rain I decided to wash it. I was looking at the little oil window and realized it was overfilled all the way to the top of the window :mad:
I decided to check every single part of the bike including the chain tension using the metalic part that comes in the red tools bag. I was pissed off to see that the center of the chain was about 3 mm below the little hole:mad::mad:
I am sure they did not even check the chain, but I cant understand why with only 1000 km the chain has not the proper tension. Is it possible it was like this since the day 1?
I am going back to the dealer on monday morning to make them check this but I am really pissed off.
Cheers from Mexico
I've had the same experience recently with my 12k service. Just like you I checked the oil level of the bike, and mine is completely full as well, so above that MAX indicator. Still a bit worried about it.

Checking the chain should be part of the 1000km service, see the manual. So if they really "forgot" just go back to the dealer. I personally never check the tension of the chain, leave that to the dealer when it's service time. I do now and then just "feel" the chain, if it looks like it's too loose I might try to adjust it myself.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Jelmer, I will take the bike back to the dealer and make them do the job. Its frustrating to pay such an expensive service and realized they just dont even care!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Hello,
Cheers from Mexico
3mm below the center of the chain gauge notch is not loose. I would say within tolerance.

When you check the oil, do it with the engine running and on the center-stand.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gilles,
The manual says to chek the oil when the motorcycle is cold and that is the way I did it. Should i do it with the motor running?

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Gilles,
The manual says to chek the oil when the motorcycle is cold and that is the way I did it. Should i do it with the motor running?

The instruction is correct, but running the bike will take a few cL from the sump and drop the level on the site glass.

If the level is there, then it's not over-filled.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The instruction is correct, but running the bike will take a few cL from the sump and drop the level on the site glass.

If the level is there, then it's not over-filled.
I just did that, and after running the engine for a minute, the oil level is exactly on the MAX mark.

Hope you are right, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts