Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, I picked up a damper from a 748 for $10, though it did not come with any mounting hardware- what do you expect for $10! Anyway, I doubt any original mounting hardware off the 748 would work on my '99 900SS, so anyone have any suggestions as to how/where I should mount this? thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does the 748 dampner have enough travel? I have a Storz on the left fork tube on my '94. Seems like it would be easier just to buy the whole kit rather than sourcing and modifying mounts to work. Never done it so not sure how hard it'd be.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have no idea regarding the travel, never thought about it. i guess i'll have more info when it arrives.

·
Registered
709 Posts
we used a stock 748 damper on our SV-650 endurance bike. it was mounted from the lower triple, back to the frame. I didn't do the install, just supplied the damper, so I don't have any pics. It worked perfectly, and is still being used on the bike [which is nowhere near me, so I can't take any pics, sorry]. I don't believe it required any crazy fabrication, and It didn't require as much travel in that location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts