Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is ita good deal? For sale locally for $10,500 for a black '12 1100 evo with solo cowl and 1000 miles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's about $1500 off MSRP or roughly 12%. That's about in line with car depreciation depending on the model. It really depends on whether or not you can get a new one under MSRP (closer to invoice). If not, it's a good deal. If you can get one for closer to invoice, then not, it's not great. Not bad, but not great.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's about $1500 off MSRP or roughly 12%. That's about in line with car depreciation depending on the model. It really depends on whether or not you can get a new one under MSRP (closer to invoice). If not, it's a good deal. If you can get one for closer to invoice, then not, it's not great. Not bad, but not great.
Plus no dealer freight, dealer prep, and other fees that you pay for buying the bike new from the dealer. If I remember correctly I think I was just over 14k otd last July when I bought my evo. It seems pretty reasonable to me. Plus 1st service is done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seems a little high to me. I bought mine in Feb from Ducpond for for right around 12500 out the door. They also just had a used one with 3000 miles and full termi's, woodcraft bars, full sliders, and a few other add ons for 12100. If you are resonably close to Ducpond i suggest talking to them they are great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's a good price if its private sale. I paid 13,707 after taxes.....everyone seems to forget the fees and taxes the original buyer paid. It's a 2012. Pay 10.5 or go buy the SAME bike at a dealer for 14k.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah I definitely didn't consider the fees. We don't have sales tax where I live, so I always neglect those in other people's decisions :).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Is ita good deal? For sale locally for $10,500 for a black '12 1100 evo with solo cowl and 1000 miles.
I paid $11,250 plus sales taxes and freight for the same bike brand new in August. Factor in the rip off 600 mile service fee (did that myself) and it is a decent deal. I would question the seller about how the bike has been ridden so far since it is still being broken in. If you buy it, put a 14 tooth front sprocket on it before you do anything else. I just put a LeoVince Factory R Evo II slip on in CF on mine. Will see how that works out. Looks good though!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Hard to say as there doesn't appear to be a lot of used 1100EVOs around right now. Cycle Trader had just one - a red stocker with a few more miles that a NH dealer is selling for $10k. That definitely sounds like a deal compared to the $10,225 my local dealer wants for an '09 standard model with nearly 5K miles that looks stock except for Termi slipons.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I sold my Monster at the end of the summer for a decent bit more than what I paid for it. Prices around here are dropping seemingly daily, so if you can wait, I'd hold out till deeper into the winter and negotiate a sweet price. Think about this way too - the prime riding season is over and when the next one starts, that model will be one year older as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think its a fair deal. 10.5 for a new 1100evo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts