Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The top case will work but the side cases will not fit.

The Ducati top case uses a GIVI Monokey mount so any GIVI Monokey case will work.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The top case will work but the side cases will not fit.
It wouldn't surprise me if the top case itself will work, but I'd be suspicious about whether the mounting hardware is compatible. Many aftermarket luggage racks bolted to threaded holes in the top of the 10-14 passenger grab handles. Those holes are missing on DVT bikes, which is why there are fewer 3rd-party options (ex: no AltRider luggage rack).

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if the top case itself will work, but I'd be suspicious about whether the mounting hardware is compatible. Many aftermarket luggage racks bolted to threaded holes in the top of the 10-14 passenger grab handles. Those holes are missing on DVT bikes, which is why there are fewer 3rd-party options (ex: no AltRider luggage rack).
True. The mount for the top case on the 10-14 models will likely not fit the 15+ DVT models.

I guess I misread the original question. The older top case would work on the newer bike mount as they are GIVI Monokey compatible but the rack mount to the bike itself would not.

·
Registered
549 Posts
They will not fit exact the top as described. But I'd be interested in them for my 2014 if they are for sale.

·
Registered
2015 Multistrada 1200S, 2015 Panigale 1299S, 2017 Tuono Factory
56 Posts
Will the older side cases fit newer DVT models?

·
Registered
177 Posts
From my personal experience:
  • Side cases: do not fit
  • Top case: as mentioned above, it's a Givi Monokey so pretty generice, it will fit any base plate on that configuration
  • Top case mounting arms: do not fit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts