Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coming from 2013 pikes peak to 2017 BMW R1200GS back to Ducati.. oh Ducati, you are so so so much more fun then the BMW, but f*cking hell.. You can't put some loctite on the bolts holding the brake lever on the handlebars..

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well that's lame. It would be pretty easy to take one of the other ones out and bring it in to a hardware store to match a couple new ones. Still sucks though. Mine were pretty damn tight.
If you wanted a couple factory replacement bolts, PM me your address. I recently removed the factory mirrors and handguards, and I replaced the factory 4-bolt clamps with a 2-bolt Brembo clamp.

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Annnd... welcome back! I loctite the hell out of everything that can be loctite'd.

I even lost big bolts that WERE loctite'd (like the centerstand bolt).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suggest your dealer buys a torque wrench.
literally every Ducati dealer in Colorado is lame in some way or another, really. luckily for service, we have Boulder Motorsports (just a Ducati service and tune place, no bike sales) and bonus is I'm in Boulder and all the dealers are in Denver, usually > 1 hr away, so just time-wise its nice.

not sure if the dealer puts those bolts on though, they have that little yellow mark on, which i thought was a factory thing, i dunno though.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Brian will sort ya out! The other bolt looks like it has wear on the inside as well, and the mark on the handlebar looks like it's been moved (possibly from the two missing bolts).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just pulled a couple of brake lever bolts from my '17 over the weekend and luckily they had OEM loctite on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts