Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up some 1" Dr. Desmo risers, and tried installing them this morning... The clutch side worked fine. But I couldn't get the riser to fit on the brake side, there wasn't enough slack in the brake line. Any suggestions? I'm assuming I need an extension for that brake line. Anyone know a good place to pick one up? I've never really messed with brake lines, etc. Since I'm not much of a do-it-yourself'er. I'm not sure if I'd want to connect/disconnect brake lines on my own. Also, I'm not sure if it was just the brake line that was too short or if it was any/all of the other cables along with it... Thanks for the help!

·
Mr Leakered
8,810 Posts
This is a common issue. I just depends what day Bruno made your brake line. I have 1in risers from the PO and a taught brake line. It was that way when I purchased it. I was a little worried and monitored it for a while. I ended up rotating the brake lever down a little bit to give it some slack. That required me to loosen the banjo bolt a smidge so that it could rotate a bit also. Seems to be doing fine.

Don't loosen the bolt to much or air will get in and you will have to bleed it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Try moving the brake line to the inside of the triple tree. Dr Desmo says that it should give the stock lines enough room that the 1 inch riser will work without buying a longer brake line. You will have to drain the fluid and remove the line at banjo bolt and reattach and bleed. Not difficult. He also sells a spacer that is cheaper than a new line.

·
Registered
725 Posts
My Dr Desmo 1 inch risers required his brake line extender to fit.

When I ordered he asked if I had rubber or ss lines, then told me that I needed his extension or I could purchase longer brake lines, his extension works great.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
My Dr Desmo 1 inch risers required his brake line extender to fit.
When I ordered he asked if I had rubber or ss lines, then told me that I needed his extension or I could purchase longer brake lines, his extension works great.
Any info on the availability and cost of this or a similar extension? I have a set of helis on an '04 and the brake line is just a bit too tight for my liking even with max fiddling of the banjos and re-routing. 1-2" more would be ideal.

If there is a simple, low cost fix like this to salvage the existing ss line, that would be ideal.

·
Registered
160 Posts
When I added risers as well as Heli bars, the brake line was too short. I contacted LT at Desmo times. I got a brake line from him, custom built and shipped from the Galfer factory. It was billed through him, so I assume he made some on the deal. But, for me, I had confidence that LT knew what was needed. Turned out super. give him a shout and see what he can do for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts