Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have Ducati/Dainese. I got if for under 800 bucks. Had armor and back protector. www.ducatideals.com

Great suit, fits me like a glove. No experience with the others.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
I have Dainese 2-piece it seems pretty good, but after having seen how good they are and if I was in the market for new leathers, I'd get BKS, no doubt about it :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a pair of Kushitani pants that are great, the foam sucks tho. bunches up. I know they use the same foam in the suits. Theres a place here that supplies the E grade ballistic flexible armor ( I have it in a jacket they made)..so I was thinking about getting the Kushitani suit and replacing the foam with the Ballistic stuff.

I have never worn any BKS stuff....kit looks nice though.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
A friend of mine has BKS leathers, they are the best protection leathers I have ever seen, bar none - expensive though. :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Kushitani makes some really nice expensive suits. So does RS Taichi. For about the same amount of cash, you should go custom with Helimot or Zooni. They are all local to you. San Jose...

Dainese also makes good suits off the rack. They come in different budget ranges with suits ranging from $700-$2000. And usually comes with backprotectors etc.

I don't know much about BKS, Spyke, etc. but I would think they are all comparable. However, I recommend you trying on the suit to see what's most comfortable and in your price range. You should also wear your inner suit, backprotector, boots, and gloves to be sure that fitment is seamless and no obstructions. A good fitting suit should hug your nutz and make it hard for you to breathe, walk, and raise your hand. It will stretch in time tho...

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
DukeDesmo said:
I have Dainese 2-piece it seems pretty good, but after having seen how good they are and if I was in the market for new leathers, I'd get BKS, no doubt about it :)
My Ducati 2-piece (by Dainese) is a nice suit. But, after 2 yrs. the zipper that attached top to bottom self destructed. A tailor want big bucks to replace it. The fragile zipper thing is what I hate about most leathers I've owned.

bruce19

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I was pretty impressed with the quality and fit of Dianese's Jack F Perf suit. Only $999:

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=773%7CDainese%20Collection&productID=4611&showDetail=1&categoryID=786|Leather%20Suits&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=773%7CDainese%20Collection

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
I absolutly LOVE my Alpinestars one-piece TLD Suit.

(hint) I´m the guy in the BLUE suit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts