Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info would be appreciated. I am calling the dealer first thing in the morning to set up an appointment to drop off my bike. I searched and couldn't find any information on oil leaks on the M1100. Mine is about 4 months old and has developed what I can best describe as a weeping of oil from the left side of the engine. It appears to be most similar to the 696 oil leak described in soo many posts (failing of the sealant at the 11 o'clock position).

Has anyone heard of this on an M1100? I really hope that this doesn't cause me to be bikeless for too long. The weather is finally perfect for riding!!

Thanks for the help in advance!

sp00f
Ride Safe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fingers crossed!

Called the guys at Duc manhattan and they were really cool about squeezing me in tomorrow first thing. Keep y'all posted. Hope is not a similar situation to the 696.

Sp00f
Ride Safe

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had the same problem with my M1100S. A small leak at the 11 o'clock between the Alternator side crank case cover and the left crank case. My dealer replaced the liquid gasket. that solved the problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dropped off this am, due back tomorrow

Quick update:

Dropped her off this morning and was told its a know issue. They are going to separate the crank case and scrape the old sealant, re-apply let cure 24-hours and I should be picking it up tomorrow PM. Hope it really is this easy... Mine was the 11 o'clock position as well.

sp00f
Ride Safe

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 1100 developed an oil leak on the left side too. The dealer replaced the o-ring.
My bike is still in the shop. After sealing the front cylinder (2nd time), the mechanic discovered that it leaked in a different part of the front cylinder. They had to redo it and wait another 24 hours for the paste/sealant to cure.

(The "o-ring" I referred to is the sealant/paste. My dealer listed it as "O-RING" on the repair order.)

·
Registered
155 Posts
back from the dead...

i bought a new, left-over '09 M1100 this past friday. after about 120 miles it is leaking oil from what looks like either the case halves or the cylinder/case seal. has anyone been given a loaner bike while theirs is being fixed? how long does it usually take to get the work done?

·
Registered
155 Posts
well last night the dealer came and picked the bike up as part of the roadside assistance program. thumbs up for their customer service so far, although i really had my hopes set on a 1098 loaner bike :p

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mine developed the same problem after 3 days of hard riding in northern AR. The Allen bolts were loose so I tightened them. Problem solved.
Then after a track weekend the left upper rear bolt of the rear cylinder developed a weep. I'll let the dealer to fix that one.

·
Registered
155 Posts
the dealer confirmed that the leak is coming from the base gasket on the rear cylinder. i'm hoping to have the bike back thurs/fri of this week..

·
Registered
155 Posts
i'm getting the bike back tomorrow. my dealer (hall's cycles in springfield, il) went ahead and did the 600 mile service free of charge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts