Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fella's, I made a convenient video of the problem if you would like to see it here.

But basically, the bike tripped up after attempting to start it up again twice in a split second, after a cold-stall.
Symptoms
In the first few hours: When key is turned ON -> No signs of power. Gauge would not light up, no headlights or brake lights, and no fuel pump whirling. It was basically completely dead. When the key is turned OFF -> red rev lights would blink as normal.
After a few hours and checking all the fuses I turned the key to ON position, and as I was fiddling with one of the fuses the bikes gauges finally turned on along with a weird clicking sound coming from the relay set. I noticed that the dash info recognizes that it is EU instead of USA now. But it just boot loops now.

I have seen ECU on ebay and I am wondering what would happen if I swapped an ECU. would I have to reflash it? I am not even sure if it is an ECU problem.

Other things to know and consider
Bike has a cheapo battery from ebay for the past year. (voltage reads fine, I have not checked when key is ON though) I can't imagine it being the battery since the bike was running fine in the morning.

Advice on this issue is much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't know why I can't edit my Posts, but i wanted to say that this issue has been [SOLVED]!

After all, it was a battery issue. lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts