Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... so I pulled the OEM cable directly out of the kickstand with a pair of pliers....haven't been riding her lately... I've been searching for a kickstand bypass solution for a while but only finding dead links and solutions for all other Ducs. Can anyone point me to side stand switch eliminator bypass - plug in module somewhere?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Are you sure that you will remember to flip up the stand every time? Pretty deadly if you don't!

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
To disable it you do not need to do anything sophisticated.
I am assuming the cables going to the switch have 3 wires like my 900SSie.
All you do is unplug the connector above the switch to he harness.
Then wrap fine copper wires around all three pins then plug it back together.
The ECU will sense that the stand is always up, even if it is not so slightly risky as per Duccout's post.

An alternative is "logic" with a wire and a diode as per this post.
See my post numbered 4 and look at the attachments.
This means you can start with stand down and in neutral or stand up.
Apart from that no way.

·
Official Retired Person
7,514 Posts
Think about this. Instead of cutting off the switch, replace it with one of your own. Hide yours someplace out of sight but accessable. Now when you park the bike away from home, flip the switch. The motor will not start. A little bit of added security.
I've done that before.

·
Registered
78 Posts
seems unwise - a buddy with many years experience recently forgot to raise his kick stand on an older Honda 900 - he went down hard on the first bend - wrecked his shoulder and his bike - fair warning

1 - 5 of 5 Posts