Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my newish bike, 2008 sport classic, twin shocks on left. Is front fairing same as what i need? Just figure out what brackets go where? And the velcro tabs on the bottom of the tank cowling?
I have the factory fairing, I assume it's the same as paul smart version. The right pix is what i want to do. Any how to pix?
Sorry abut early version of my question I hope this is clearer, know what I mean !

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
If you could give us a little more to go on it would be helpful. Which new bike? Which fairing?

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
my newish bike, 2008 sport classic, twin shocks on left. Is front fairing same as what i need? Just figure out what brackets go where? And the velcro tabs on the bottom of the tank cowling?
I have the factory fairing, I assume it's the same as paul smart version. The right pix is what i want to do. Any how to pix?
Sorry abut early version of my question I hope this is clearer, know what I mean !

Thanks
Still not sure what you are asking.........
The front fairing on your bike is the same as the one in the right pic.
The velcro tabs on your tank are not used.
The dealer fitted mine, so I am not sure if instructions come with the kit.

John

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
If your talking about that bag of brackets and hardware Rick gave you.....
if so this must be Eric?
I know that there are two threaded holes on the engine case.
One in the back and one in the front on the left and right side of the bike.
I believe they mount to those.
I can direct you to two people that have installed the lower and you could call them
Email me at
[email protected]

cheers
JC

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

Thanks
Dude are you drunk, or is english not your first language? you make no sense.... :think:

·
Registered
603 Posts
First off, You do realize that the small trim parts on the bottom of your tank must be removed to install the lowers. Then the brackets go to the motor.

P

·
0 Posts

Thanks
I am guessing the Paul Smart Lower Fairing is basically the same.

Check out my LOWER FAIRING ON PS1000LE page.... There are several links and lots of images that should help, including 3 links to each of the 3 factory Paul Smart Fairing Installation Instructions pages. The factory instructions are PDF files that are large. My hard copy instructions are not the best to begin with so I decided to scan them at a higher resolution. Hopefully you can read them.

Phil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts