Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the Ducabike 5 spring kit yesterday. Pretty amped to get it installed. I am waiting on the clutch holder tool to arrive so I can install the kit.

Any pointers or tips to provide me? I've done clutch's in then past on ZX's. I watched a few video's and it seems straight forward. Just wondering if there's anything I need to know prior to cracking the cover off.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Easy Peasy. I've installed a STM on mine. Now I can downshift with impunity! :) Make sure you get the order correct so that a "steele" can't slip under the ramps. Friction goes in first.

t_bare

Reactions: jmbkc

·
Registered
542 Posts
If there's bearings in there it's a good idea to strip every 1k to keep them greased...I use ceramic grease on mine..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I just read that actually. I had planned to install in reverse order. I guess factory has a steel against a steel in the back? This clutch will alternate steel then fiber etc from the back...? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's guess it's a safe assumption the dry clutch, especially with an open cover is much more maintenance than a wet clutch? Not an issue, but I only put 5k miles on my last 08. I rode so much track on my ZX10's that the HM was just a commuter bike, mostly. Other than an oil change I just rode it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts