Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, besides Cycle Cat (out of business), Convertibars (too many moving parts IMO), and Helibars (not really very attractive), do I have any other choices for raising the bars on my '07 ST3S?

Convertibars - Infinitely adjustable, but are they solid?

Helibars - Not very pretty (but my first choice after Cycle Cat)

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
I met a guy who rode a ZX-14 he lost the clip ons and custom mounted a "regular" set of bars, it gave the bike a more upright riding position more suited for touring.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Convertibars web site says they are good for stunting. They must think they are strong. I think the Heli bars look stronger.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
I was told that Speedymoto tallboys should fit, but I can't guarantee it.

They look more like the Helibar risers.

They come in black or clear.

Attachments

·
Registered
998 Posts
I had a Monster upper triple clamp on my ST2 so I could mount some regular bars on it. I know your upper clamp has bit of rise to it, but it would probably still work with bars that had a slight rise to them.[forks slid to the height you want]. Worth checking out, lot more bars available, and way less expensive.
I think the one I used was off a 620, others should fit also.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just bought a set of Helibars off of ebay used, I havent gotten them yet, but am excited as I got a good deal on them, and anything has to be better than the stock bar risers. My wrists hurt like mad after riding my ST3 presently, as if I could ride it presently with 8 inches of snow outside. I considered looking into getting a set of like monster type of bars for my ST3, you know like regular one piece bars, but didnt really look that much into it, this was when I expected to pay $360 for Heli's, then didnt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
convertibars

I've got convertibars on my st3. Seems rock solid. Never feel them wobble or anything. Plus, they're beautiful.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got convertibars on my st3. Seems rock solid. Never feel them wobble or anything. Plus, they're beautiful.
Any pics? I have a friend that runs them on his CBR1000RR and swears by them. I would just be concerned about one, of what must be many, fasteners becoming loose while riding. But with proper torque that shouldn't happen, right?

I'm currently leaning toward the Speedymoto 50mm Tallboys. Similar to the helibars, but adjustable for angle and they appear to have a little more stylized shape to them. Plus, Speedymoto said if they don't fit, I can return them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Any pics? I have a friend that runs them on his CBR1000RR and swears by them. I would just be concerned about one, of what must be many, fasteners becoming loose while riding. But with proper torque that shouldn't happen, right?

I'm currently leaning toward the Speedymoto 50mm Tallboys. Similar to the helibars, but adjustable for angle and they appear to have a little more stylized shape to them. Plus, Speedymoto said if they don't fit, I can return them.
I looked at the Speedymoto picture. It doesn't look like it has the angle adjustment that the convertibars have. I didn't see how you could adjust the bar end drop. They do look nice. They do say you can adjust the angle.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The Convertibars web site says they are good for stunting. They must think they are strong. I think the Heli bars look stronger.
+1

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I think if I saw someone on a Ducati ST stunt'n I'd call the cops and demand they be put away for life :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
I think if I saw someone on a Ducati ST stunt'n I'd call the cops and demand they be put away for life :mad:
Hate to break the bad news, but Ducati has a stunt team, they call the "Ducati freestyle" team: http://site.ducatifreestyle.com/:al...ves. Not sure it any of it makes sense. Ron

·
Registered
466 Posts
"Stunt" team

Hate to break the bad news, but Ducati has a stunt team, they call the "Ducati freestyle" team: http://site.ducatifreestyle.com/:al... stoppies can you stand? Ugh. George[/FONT]

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts

Saw the Stunt Team at the International MC Show here in Dallas - they rode Monsters, not ST3s - go figure. How many wheelies and stoppies can you stand? Ugh.

George
Thank you George.

J

·
0 Posts

,,,Get them Tallboys yet rider.I likem.The baby-ApeBars are freakin ugly "convertibars".The heli's are cool w/ a nice paint job on them.:cool:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Cycle cat bar risers are still available NEW - I just ordered some.:abduct:
OK so let me get this streight chickelover, you have just ordered a set of cycle cat bar raisers for an ST, new ,from oncycles?
They are showing bar sets for the multi's, but not for ST's(I beleive there is a differance).

·
Registered
100 Posts
yep!

took some back and forth but got what i wanted. Not sure about the multi's, I was looking at the S4 kit - but has an extra tab on each of the riser/spacers (whatever they are called) that fit to the tripple tree, for the dash. They dont list the kit for an ST but its exactly the same at the S4 but without the tabs i just mentioned (well at least it is for an ST2 - not sure about ST3 difference)

Even had a selection of colours. I get the impression that cycle cat are still manufacturing, or that they sold the rights to Onya... and will do select manufacturing runs when required...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts