Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my termi slip-on exhaust on my '07 SC1000S last weekend and I have been noticing a gasoline smell from the exhaust more than stock. Is this normal? Could the bike be running rich? I've removed the baffles, have the ECU installed, I have not installed the new air cleaner cover. Could that be restricting airflow and causing the bike to run rich?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Sounds like that may be the issue to me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I thought so. I didn't get any instructions with the exhaust. Can someone walk me through getting to the air cleaner? sorry for the dumb newb question. Or is there one posted somewhere, I couldn't find.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
My Ducati dealer recommends to adjust the ECU after installation because every injection unit varies a bit concerning the throttle opener…

After doing so, the engine runs perfect!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
it could be too rich or too lean or just wrong - if the air bleeds are fully closed this can give a very dirty idle on the 1000ds motor i've found - lots of hydrocarbons (which you can smell) and oxygen. it's inefficient combustion that makes them smell, which can be rich or lean.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Prb44

Had my Termi kit installed thursday. You diffenatly need to open the air box up with the open lid cover. To let more air in to lean the bike up some. The dealer will hook up a computor to set your bike up. I think they bumped up my trim by 3 they set the tps, I really don't know what all they did. But I did notice my front cylinder throttle body air screw is 1/4 out and the rear cylinder throttle body air screw left side of bike is set at 3/4 turn out. Bike runs,,,,,,,,starts great. And yesturday after ringing its neck for 270 miles with some st.louis ducati riders. I got 42.7 mpg on both refill's. Not bad for hauling ass all day. Normal riding probably 50. I was getting 40 stock. So you can tell I never just ride. It take's throttle to wheelie etc. I install on all my bikes everything. But this GT classic needed certain hardware to set up correctly and since I have only had the bike like 3 weeks. I let Hall's Ducati do the work. O'yeah the install was part of the deal. They had a kit on the wall....................$1041 out the door installed. Of course I had also just bought the bike from them. Find a good dealer and have it set up correctly. Our you will be like I am always trying to make it better. My pipes are burning clean on both side. The left use to be a little black when bike was stock. But after the dealer set the Termi kit up it looks just right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts