Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The left front turn signal bulb is on continuously when the bike is running, and remains on when the ignition is switched off. The bulb does not flash at all. The left rear bulb flashes at a rate faster than normal. The turn signal indicator on the dash flashes at a faster rate as well. The right front and rear signals work and flash normally at the normal rate. Currently I have to remove the left front bulb to keep from discharging the battery. I have opened the turn signal switch. It looked fine. Lubed it with dielectric grease, and reassemble. Still no solution. I think a may have a short/fault. Please advise.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dielectric grease is an insulator so I trust that you mean that the switch block is sealed with dielectric grease to keep moisture out. For the front light to be on all the time and not flashing, there must be a direct power short to the lamp that is bypassing the flashing signal. I think the front flash signal comes from the bike's dash computer so my guess would be that the short is in the left switch. I'd take the switch apart and check every connection of the indicator component for continuity. Just because it looks fine doesn't mean it is.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Relays are cheap, and known to go out.

Even though your rear seems to be flashing normally, (Flashes fast because the front isn't flashing at all) I'd try replacing the turn signal relay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will take the switch block apart and check for continuity, then try the signal relay. Thanks all.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does your bike have a relay? Mine (2017) does not. The flashing is done in the computers these days, not with relays. I'd be surprised if a 2007 bike has a flasher relay. As the rear left light is flashing and the front left is solid all the time, I doubt that this is a flashing control issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I reviewed the electrical schematic and you are right, the bike does not have a turn signal relay. It has an injector relay and a light relay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts