Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an electrical issue that i'm having trouble figuring out. On my 2007 gt1000 I have no running lights. That includes the headlight, high and low, the tail light, the license plate light, and the instrument panel back light. All the intermittent-type lights work, like the warning lights on the instrument panel, turn signals, brake light and high beam flasher. I suspected the "light relay" but after switching it with the injector relay (same specs and obviously works, as the bike still runs with the injector relay plugged in) there was no change. Additionally, all the fuses are fine, none blown. I am getting no voltage to the headlight, rear light, or the licence light, though it seemed like they failed one by one over the course of a day, and not all at once. The grounds are clean and tight. Anybody have a suggestion for the next step? Thank you!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I have an electrical issue that i'm having trouble figuring out. On my 2007 gt1000 I have no running lights. That includes the headlight, high and low, the tail light, the license plate light, and the instrument panel back light. All the intermittent-type lights work, like the warning lights on the instrument panel, turn signals, brake light and high beam flasher. I suspected the "light relay" but after switching it with the injector relay (same specs and obviously works, as the bike still runs with the injector relay plugged in) there was no change. Additionally, all the fuses are fine, none blown. I am getting no voltage to the headlight, rear light, or the licence light, though it seemed like they failed one by one over the course of a day, and not all at once. The grounds are clean and tight. Anybody have a suggestion for the next step? Thank you!
My first question is how did you verify that all fuses ate good? just looking at them tells you nothing, nor does a voltmeter some times, sometimes fuses look good but once under a load they fail. check voltage on both sides of each fuse with the ign turned on

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Plus I think with your questions regarding your GT1000 you should be in the Sport Classic forum. This forum is basically Carby 900SS, although I am sure some here can help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.